Problems with leaky Sienna X spray tan machine, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEVERTOOTANNED

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been using my maxi mist sienna machine for about 11 months now. I clean it very regularly and take good care of it. Just recently I've noticed whilst tanning it is bubbling up and coming out over the top of the cup!!!!

Just to get some things out of the way:

The pick up pipe is on the correct (back) hole

The cup is screwed on tightly

The cup is not overfilled - never more than 50ml.

It's only just started doing this in the last week and can't figure out why - please help a, v busy and don't want to lose clients to crappy machine!!!!

Thanks

Interesting question- mine is doing it for months now :) I look forward to the answers. Shame I can'T help x

I don't use this machine but could it have something to do with the seal where you screw the cup onto the gun? Hope you manage to sort it.

Hi guys I've been using my maxi mist sienna machine for about 11 months now. I clean it very regularly and take good care of it. Just recently I've noticed whilst tanning it is bubbling up and coming out over the top of the cup!!!!

Just to get some things out of the way:

The pick up pipe is on the correct (back) hole

The cup is screwed on tightly

The cup is not overfilled - never more than 50ml.

It's only just started doing this in the last week and can't figure out why - please help a, v busy and don't want to lose clients to crappy machine!!!!

Thanks

Hi there,

I've had a word with our Technical team this morning to try and help you resolve your problem.

By the sounds of it, with the precautions you take and the information you have provided, the seal may need replacing. You can purchase one from us directly, delivered for under £5.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Adam
sienna X

Sounds like a problem with the seal of your gun.

Take the seal out from in the lid of your gun and put it in the sink. Pour boiling water from the kettle over the seal and it will plump up again. Allow to cool and wash the lid of your gun (as there will most likely be a bit of solution under the seal) then insert your seal to your clean gun.

This should fix the leaking. If it doesn't then you need to replace the seal.

You can use a seal from the lid of a spare cup (if they are the old style with holes in them :wink2:) or buy one from a 5008 or maximist supplier (not only Sienna X sell these).

Hope that helps.

PS.. I would advise you to have more than 50ml in your cup for a tan as there can be issues of spluttering when the cup is nearly empty (pick up tube getting air and solution instead of being fully under solution). I regularly have 150ml in my cup with no issues at all.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guys. I will try that and if it fails buy a new thingy. Ps sienna I did leave a Vmail tonight - it's Francesca

Latest posts

Back