Problems with Lush Us 'new and improved hair'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephyLynn

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing problems with Lush Us hair since they changed to their 'new and improved' hair? (Also more expensive)
I've been using Lush us for about a year and always been really happy but 2 of my regular clients have said the hair now matts after a few weeks and is thinning out. I would like to change suppliers as it's making me worried every time I fit extensions now I will get complaints, but I only ever used monofibre extensions before lush us so don't know who else is good. When I've been looking at these forums Lush us seems to come up as a good one considering price & quality, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just get more expensive hair and up my prices?

Anyone else experiencing problems with Lush Us hair since they changed to their 'new and improved' hair? (Also more expensive)
I've been using Lush us for about a year and always been really happy but 2 of my regular clients have said the hair now matts after a few weeks and is thinning out. I would like to change suppliers as it's making me worried every time I fit extensions now I will get complaints, but I only ever used monofibre extensions before lush us so don't know who else is good. When I've been looking at these forums Lush us seems to come up as a good one considering price & quality, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just get more expensive hair and up my prices?

Do your clients use the company specific after care products? Have you contacted the company directly? Any quality issues should be highlighted to the company straight away. Their customer service really is excellent and if you return the hair along with the proof of purchase they will send it off for testing and take if from there. All of this is detailed in the terms and conditions on their website. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
i agree with the above post, if its bad at a few weeks and the correct aftercare is being used in the correct manner you need to contact them directly. I did have a problem with one set of blondes, but the customer service was great and i got lots of helpful advise and support from them, and iv had no other problems xxx

Hair planet do a similar priced range xx

There has been a few complains recently about lush-us hair. Might get in touch and see if it's changed cus I don't want to do hair knowing it isn't the best quality.

Do your clients use the company specific after care products? Have you contacted the company directly? Any quality issues should be highlighted to the company straight away. Their customer service really is excellent and if you return the hair along with the proof of purchase they will send it off for testing and take if from there. All of this is detailed in the terms and conditions on their website. Hope this helps.

I agree with this too.. whenever I've rang they've always seemed happy to help.
I know that they're getting an big order of hair in the next week or so, maybe it's worth seeing what that's like.

Ive found the quality has really gone downhill lately. I had an issue with a clients hair matting and i sent it back, but they didnt send it for testing, they just washed and dried it to have a look at the office. Said it was the clients fault, which in fairness it was but i didnt feel particularly supported to be honest. The hair has got alot drier and split.
Im trying out Bonita on myself and im one week in....so far I am in love!!!
xx

Can u pm me bonitas details please x think I have wrong ones x

Ive found the quality has really gone downhill lately. I had an issue with a clients hair matting and i sent it back, but they didnt send it for testing, they just washed and dried it to have a look at the office. Said it was the clients fault, which in fairness it was but i didnt feel particularly supported to be honest. The hair has got alot drier and split.
xx

xx

Please let me know how you get on with Bonita.... I hate the fact that I cannot wear extensions myself and trial them... long story but... I would love to know about a test trial for this hair. I think I might have persuaded a close friend to try these for me instead of her loved and trusted brand though so fingers crossed! lol x

im also wanting a go at the bonita hair - just ordered a sample so see how that goes! might try talking my sis into a new set of extensions as im getting additional lengths tomorrow! seems to be a lot of people having probs with lush just now, fingers crossed they can sort out whatever the problem is xxx

well im just over a week in and I love them so far. Ill update you all when Im half way.
So far they are really soft, and the bonds are flat not nail tip so when you apply them, they are really small. I dont have to cut them down, even at the saides. The hair seems finer than Lush us as its Indian not chinese and its smoother because they leave the cuticle in tact.....all sounds lovely, so ill let you know how it goes :biggrin: xx

I've ordered a sample from Bonita too!

I've not been entirely happy with the Lush us hair I've received lately either, but haven't had any bad feedback from clients yet. Hopefully I won't! xx

is bonita hair a similar price range as lush us? do they supply aftercare? thanks :)

well im just over a week in and I love them so far. Ill update you all when Im half way.
So far they are really soft, and the bonds are flat not nail tip so when you apply them, they are really small. I dont have to cut them down, even at the saides. The hair seems finer than Lush us as its Indian not chinese and its smoother because they leave the cuticle in tact.....all sounds lovely, so ill let you know how it goes :biggrin: xx

That's strange I thought Lush-Us is Indian Remy? Definitely not Chinese!

That's strange I thought Lush-Us is Indian Remy? Definitely not Chinese!

im sure this has came up before, and lush-us stated it was indian. I have asked them directly and they said Indian also....... just to chip in, i done a top up maintenence the other day on a full head 22" blonde and the hair was still gorgeous, the girl in question is meticulous about her aftercare though, that was her 8 weeks post fitting xxx

It is Indian hair but it is made in a Chinese factory. Also heard through the grape vine in their new order (the new hair) they are not buying the highest "grade" hair available in that kind from that factory.

Hi Ladies,

This is Sam from Lush-Us Uk. As I have said before I take a look at some of these posts and when I feel intervention maybe necessary then I join in.

I am interested in knowing where the information of where and what factory our hair is produced in and what grade hair is coming in on the next order is coming from?
Our hair is Indian Remy hair and it is processed in a factory that processes hair for us only. Myself and Rachel have worked for years finding the right manufacturers and we do not divulge any of this information to anyone as it has cost us a fortune to get it right and we would not hand that information to anyone !!!!

we have promised better length ratio on our new batch of hair as some girls were not happy with this last time (although some girls are not happy when we improve the ratio as they don't like the blunt look)

The problem across the market currently wth hair is that the raw materials have increased massively so we have the dilemma of putting the prices up or slightly reducing ratio. We have always put ourselves in the middle of the market to enable extensions to be affordable to those who ordinarily they wouldnt be an option.

We are always here to support our customers and trainees and are always very fair. If there is an issue with the hair batch we will sort it and likewise if there is no issue we will not refund just to try and save face as we have a lot of faith in our products. I personally wear our hair and have had it in for 4 months (which I wouldnt recommend to anyone may I add) and yes it is now a dry on the ends and most definatley at the end of it's lifespan.
Blowdrying correctly with a heat protector is also key to keeping your extensions looking fab. Our hair is not european or russian hair which tends to start at lighter shades so requires less processing....... and it's not Virgin indian hair (obviously the raw material is) It is processed Indian hair which means it was once almost black ...... All extensionsionists should know what harsh colour processing the hair has undergone to reach blonde shades from almost black .... This is why thorough aftercare is vital.
Please dont hesitate to call us for aftercare advice and info as we are always happy to help and if you do have a serious problem with the hair then we will most definately follow this up under our standard quality procedure.
Happy fitting girls xxx

Latest posts

Back