problems with mask steaming up my glasses.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been having some problems with nail dust affecting my chest lately and started to wear my dust mask..

Problem is, my glasses keep on steaming up and I get hot around the face.:irked: I don't have much ventilation in my home based salon and don't really have the budget for an extractor, so a mask is the next best thing I suppose.

Does anyone else have this problem? and what are you doing to help the situation of nail dust in the workplace.

I worry that dust is doing lots of damage to my lungs, are there any long term risks linked to it?

Hi everyone, I've been having some problems with nail dust affecting my chest lately and started to wear my dust mask..

Problem is, my glasses keep on steaming up and I get hot around the face.:irked: I don't have much ventilation in my home based salon and don't really have the budget for an extractor, so a mask is the next best thing I suppose.

Does anyone else have this problem? and what are you doing to help the situation of nail dust in the workplace.

I worry that dust is doing lots of damage to my lungs, are there any long term risks linked to it?

Masks are horrible to wear aren't they!

The fact is that no dust is good to breath which is why EVERY manufacturer advises you to have extraction ventilation incorporated into or near your desk to remove dust from your breathing zone. Most nail technicians ignor this manufacturers' advice but you do so at the risk of your own health.

Why not come and see the 'next big thing' in Leeds from the 26th-30th November? With the new application method, there is NO DUST. So no need to wear a mask and no need for extraction ventilation. :)

Have you tried polishing your glasses with a small amount of neat washing up liquid until it is all dry. This is what I do on my bathroom mirrors to stop the steaming up. I dont wear glasses so I dont know if this would work on them ornot butit worth a try.

blimey, thought I'd gone mad then!!!!
its not me!!!!
thought I'd posted a question in my sleep and just done a cartoon double take!!!!!

blimey, thought I'd gone mad then!!!!
its not me!!!!
thought I'd posted a question in my sleep and just done a cartoon double take!!!!!

:lol: I did look twice myself! :lol:

Your not on your own at all! I has this problem, I was lucky enough to buy an desk extractor from someone who was replacing a desk and removed the old extractor to sell on (the dreaded) ebay. I got this for about £40 ( I think) which is less than half the price and just replaced the filters, my partner fitted in my new desk and for me. But I still have the problem with my mask when visiting clients at home, I really don`t think there is another solution. But maybe keep a look out on ebay for an extractor you may be lucky like me.

Although I wear glasses I have no need for a mask as I do have an extraction unit built into my desk. HOWEVER did want to say if you have any kind of coating on your glasses (anti glare etc) PLEASE dont coat them with washing up liquid as it will damage the coating and cause it to chip! Speaking from experince here :lol:

Ami

OEY - know it was said with the best intentions hun :hug:

Although I wear glasses I have no need for a mask as I do have an extraction unit built into my desk. HOWEVER did want to say if you have any kind of coating on your glasses (anti glare etc) PLEASE dont coat them with washing up liquid as it will damage the coating and cause it to chip! Speaking from experince here :lol:

Ami

OEY - know it was said with the best intentions hun :hug:

No problem - I knew I wasnt 100% sure this would work on glasses like I said before so I am glad you have added your experience to this thread.

Thankyou everyone, I will definately look into an extractor, I'm coughing up loads today.

Feel like I've smoked 4o a day for the last 10 yrs!!!(don't smoke though!):)

Also, will have to put up with my mask for a bit longer as I have 10 clients booked in today!!

Thanks again. xxxxx

Do your masks have the internal piece of bendy metal over the nose, if it does just bend it to fit the top of your nose perfectly, I use these every day, and have no probs with my glasses steaming up.

Joan

Latest posts

Back