Problems with new Gelish collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber2007

Reaction score
does anyone else think new gelish collection is very thick. I am finding it really hard to work with and have to do three coats on most of them and still not 100% happy with coverage then.

I absolutely love all the colours though. just very frustrated. is it just me??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No it's not just you. Two of mine faded, the rest were thick and stringy and they all needed three coats.... So I sent them back and got a full refund. :(

does anyone else think new gelish collection is very thick. I am finding it really hard to work with and have to do three coats on most of them and still not 100% happy with coverage then.

I absolutely love all the colours though. just very frustrated. is it just me??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not just you but I deal with it by making sure to apply very thin and I get a beautiful, full coverage in 3 coats. You just have to work around them or at least I do because I LOVE the colors ;)

Not just you but I deal with it by making sure to apply very thin and I get a beautiful, full coverage in 3 coats. You just have to work around them or at least I do because I LOVE the colors ;)

I love them too it's just so frustrating x

I only have the blue one but Its fine. has good opacity too. haven't found it gloopy

My 'fairest of them all' is really thick! Colour is lush though!!! Xx

My 'fairest of them all' is really thick! Colour is lush though!!! Xx

My fairest of them all is perfect consistency along with oh what a knight. Funny :/

I'm hoping to train in Gelish soon & i must admit, i have seen a few threads reguarding the consistancy & that some of the colours fade.. I'm in 2 minds now whether to choose someone else to train with

I'm hoping to train in Gelish soon & i must admit, i have seen a few threads reguarding the consistancy & that some of the colours fade.. I'm in 2 minds now whether to choose someone else to train with

It's only a handful of colours so I wouldn't worry too much xx

I posted this same thing a week ago. Ive emailed harmony about the blue and green. The consistency is awful. Clients are complaining. Ive had to refund 50% of services done in these colours. I work full time (not in nails) in a demanding job so havent had chance to call but ill have to tomorrow as 3 days since i emailed. All the other colours from gelish i have inc oh what a knight are fine and i never have any application or longevity issues....

Im hoping theyll refund me those 2 colours if i send them back

X

Even though Gelish have a great colour range, they are one of the gel polish lines that are the most inconsistent in viscosity. They go from very thick like the house of Gelish collection to very thin like the All about Glow collection that requires almost 5 coats to get good coverage. I dont know if they use several manufacturers to produce their bottles causing such huge differences or what, it is very frustrating and is the one of the things that lets them down.

Even though Gelish have a great colour range, they are one of the gel polish lines that are the most inconsistent in viscosity. They go from very thick like the house of Gelish collection to very thin like the All about Glow collection that requires almost 5 coats to get good coverage. I dont know if they use several manufacturers to produce their bottles causing such huge differences or what, it is very frustrating and is the one of the things that lets them down.

My all about glow collection are perfect with 3 coats, Have you tried stirring it with an orange stick? Might help a bit. Xx

Latest posts

Back