Problems with Next Step training company

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy1985

Reaction score
Hi
I've seen theres quite a few older posts about this company. wish I'd seen them before i booked myself on a waxing course……
I booked a waxing and intimate waxing course with. Aswel as indian head massage and threading. All have been rescheduled to next month due to not enough people on the course, all except the intimate waxing. i purposely booked the waxing first then the intimate because it states I need a waxing qualification to do the intimate waxing.
I phoned a couple weeks ago and the lady said it would be ok and we could work around it so the course can still go ahead, but that she would let me know if there was any problem. (they also said the trainers were away in june, which is why the course really isn't going ahead) I phoned today (2 weeks before the course) and she told me i can't do the course because i wont be qualified in waxing! they have no further dates for this course, told me to phone back in a week when the trainers are about to ask of any coming up dates. i asked if i could exchange and do another course but the courses i wanted also had no scheduled dates.

They won't refund the full amount because i have entered their 'student portal' though the work and videos is no different to what you get on utube or in my beauty nvq book. but beings the waxing course situation isn't my fault surely refund should be an option! i don't know whether to just wait till july and hope my courses go ahead, then wait until a future intimate waxing course goes ahead. Or just rebook all with a company who i trust will deliver what I've paid for and fight for a full refund with this company…….anyone else had this problem?

mandy

Hi I don't know the college but I always thought if a college cancels the course you should be entitled to a refund . Ask to speak to somebody higher and book with a repeatable college xx

What a terrible way to treat your students, it's their fault not yours they should find a way to accommodate what you have paid for! Contact their accreditors is my advice.
Xx

I've not heard of them but I've just had a look and seeing as they were voted the best training school I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting your money back.

Terms and conditions have little to do with the law and you're entitled to your money back. Just request it in writing and they're probably be reasonable and refund you. Good luck.

I've Googled problems with their refund policy and a lot of people have been in the same situation and struggled to get a refund. Some people have said they've rated the site 1 star then the next day it's been removed :/ the course was cheap so less learnt I think.
Kim lawless I think I just sent you an email enquiring about waxing training actually lol :) I

I've Googled problems with their refund policy and a lot of people have been in the same situation and struggled to get a refund. Some people have said they've rated the site 1 star then the next day it's been removed :/ the course was cheap so less learnt I think.
Kim lawless I think I just sent you an email enquiring about waxing training actually lol :) I
I hope you get your money back.

You must have email [email protected] so my secretary Caroline will reply. Hope to see you soon. x

Kim lawless yes I spoke to Caroline earlier she was very helpful. I am going to phone back this week and hopefully book both my waxing courses with u if you have any dates yet for September xx

Kim lawless yes I spoke to Caroline earlier she was very helpful. I am going to phone back this week and hopefully book both my waxing courses with u if you have any dates yet for September xx
That's great Mandy and rest assured.........I never cancel:) xox

Sorry to jump on the band wagon with this one but my advice would be steer clear of Next Step Beauty !!! I learnt the hard way after booking their nail tech course ...lets just say after paying best part of £500 and them cancelling 4times I was not amused! They wouldn't refund as said I had accessed the online course info but they would cancel a week before each date so what conscientious person wouldn't check their course info a week before!!! Long and short of it is, after a hefty battle involving trading standards I got half the money back ...my fault for being naive but avoid at all costs ... Hope you get a better result xx

I'm still out of luck with their courses, don't know whether I'll do them or just keep fighting for s refund, have totally lost faith in their company....... on the up side I booked my waxing courses with Kim :) role on August!

Hi I done my nail tech course with them. I loved the trainer Laura, she was brilliant.
They cancelled mine twice then I decided to do it in another city and that went ahead thank goodness.

Latest posts

Back