Problems with side walls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Need some help and advice. I've been doing my Aunt's nails for about two and a half months. in the last infill i did,(she has overlay on her natural nails with nail art over that.) i found that on some of her nails on the sides the acrylic almost looks like its chipping away and gone dry. Her nails are strong and long too, but i've never had a problem with this before.

I know if the product is too wet or thin it can do this, but i've even tried doing it slightly thicker to try to prevent it but it's still happening on some nails. My Aunt says she's been very stressed of late and been taking some calming pills, would that have any significance as she says she's been taking them for about 3 weeks??

As never had this problem before and it doesn't happen on all nails just about four out of the ten, its stumped me, anyone have any ideas????

Thanks in advance.:confused:

talented talons said:
Need some help and advice. I've been doing my Aunt's nails for about two and a half months. in the last infill i did,(she has overlay on her natural nails with nail art over that.) i found that on some of her nails on the sides the acrylic almost looks like its chipping away and gone dry. Her nails are strong and long too, but i've never had a problem with this before.

I know if the product is too wet or thin it can do this, but i've even tried doing it slightly thicker to try to prevent it but it's still happening on some nails. My Aunt says she's been very stressed of late and been taking some calming pills, would that have any significance as she says she's been taking them for about 3 weeks??

As never had this problem before and it doesn't happen on all nails just about four out of the ten, its stumped me, anyone have any ideas????

Thanks in advance.:confused:

I would think it is a lack of using product plasticiser (oil) or that on some of the nails you are not pressing the product on as firmly, down the sides of the nails, when you work.

Thanks Geeg, i have tried pressing firmly the last time i did her nails as well as getting her to remember to use cuticle oil as she doesn't use this as often as she should.

I will let you know if this has solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back