Problems with The Gel Bottle polish not lasting (using Gelish structure gel or foundation)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Cran

Reaction score
Hi, I decided to try a few TGB colours and used them over a base of Gelish Structure gel or Gelish foundation. I have used OPI & CND in the same way before and not had a problem at all. One popular colour “Mulberry” doesn’t seem to be lasting people and although early days “Gilly” hadn’t lasted a client whose nails usually last well. Has anyone else found this problem? Do TGB colours have to be used with TGB base or BNIB? Any advice appreciated!

As you probably know, brands formulate their products to go with the other products in that same brand. They are tested that way, so they can only ensure that you will get proper adhesion and longevity if you stick within the brand. However, in the past, I did what you are doing and some brands got on well with each other and some don't. It's just trial and error really. I always tended to test longevity when mixing brands on myself or family members for free for a while before mixing brands on paying clients. Ultimately, it would be better to just stick to one brand so you know you won't have compatibility issues x

I have used Mylee under TGB with great success 😉

Latest posts

Back