Problems with the T100?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judyb6

Reaction score
Hi!

I know there are loads of threads on here discussing which machine/solution/company everyone uses for their spray tans, so I hope no-one will mind me starting another one! But there is one issue I've seen mentioned several times in another spray tanning forum which I haven't ever seen on here.

Some technicians seem to be saying they're having problems with their T100 machine, that it leaks a lot and the motor has a tendancy to blow up!!?

I know that this particular machine is recommened only for mobile/light use, and some replies have suggested these problems only occur when it is overused and not cleaned properly.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this?
I'm literally just about to buy my equipment and was sure I had decided on this machine, but now I'm not so sure!?

Thanks xxxx

I have used the T100 for over 1 year now and never had a problem with it,
it does not leak and thankfully has not blown up on me lol

hi hun. i use this machine and the only prob iv had was i removed the needle to give the gun a real good clean and after that it would not spray right, i think the needle bent and when i sprayed down a couch roll it would miss in places, :cry: since that iv never removed the needle and my gun and machine have been fine. xxx :)

Can anyone tell me if the T100 can cope with Tanning parties & how many you could spray b4 needing to rest machine?

I too am about to buy it from Sienna x. I was going to go for the cheaper busy bronzer machine for the reason above but was assured by the trainer that the T100 is actually fine for multiple tans & she pointed out other benefits of the T100 (such as less overspray, stronger parts etc apparently).

I need to make up my mind so I can get on and order but not sure which to go with.

Hi All,

On reading other items on the forum about machines i have checked out the above machine. There are various companies selling this under their branding however you can buy it from Argos much cheaper. The only issue being that it comes with a 2mm needle as standard and i need a 1mm needle for spray tanning...

I have contacted Earlex the maker in the UK but they no longer stock the 1mm. Does anyone else know where i could source one or is anyone selling this machine.

I have emailed them in the US and i am currently awaiting a reply. i am loathe to pay the extra through a Spray Tan company out of principle.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sharon

hey hun... at the salon i use the T100 and at xmas was very busy, we done 14 tans christmas eve without a prob, we do give the machine a 5-10 break because it does get hot, i was advised by my trainer to rest the machine due to the heat.. regarding the busy bronzer by siennx ,or the Duo mist by couture.... I have this machine at hme because i work in salon 4days aweek and do mobile/hme etc and i needed another machine and this seemed a good price... :) the only down side it has a 900ml capacity cup and the tube inside does not reach the bottom, so you need alot of solution in stock and you do get a bit more overspray than the T100... if im doing a tanning part i would rather use the T100 :) x

Hi lovey

It's me whose T100 blew up:cry::mad:. I cleaned it regularly, cleaned filter often, flushed it through with water and airbrush cleaner after use, never did more than 4 tans in a day. The man at Sienna said he couldn't believe how well kept it was and some tech's abuse the machine by not cleaning the filter after every so many tans. This I can say I didn't do as I am quite religious at cleaning it.

I just think I was unlucky and maybe the solution I use is a little thick for the machine, but then if the motor was going to blow it would do.

I am thinking of changing to tantrick as a result.

Have purchased my new T100 and it is fab.

Singing it's praises despite mine blowing up, I definately got my money's worth as you will if you buy it.

Aah thanks guys - that's really helpful to know and reassring too.

Think I've made my mind up then - T100 it is!

Thanks guys! That's my mind made up for me too, I think it's the good old T100 for me!xxx

Hi!

I know there are loads of threads on here discussing which machine/solution/company everyone uses for their spray tans, so I hope no-one will mind me starting another one! But there is one issue I've seen mentioned several times in another spray tanning forum which I haven't ever seen on here.

Some technicians seem to be saying they're having problems with their T100 machine, that it leaks a lot and the motor has a tendancy to blow up!!?

I know that this particular machine is recommened only for mobile/light use, and some replies have suggested these problems only occur when it is overused and not cleaned properly.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this?
I'm literally just about to buy my equipment and was sure I had decided on this machine, but now I'm not so sure!?

Thanks xxxx
ok so the T100 (or as we call it the minimist) is a great little machine and is as versatile as anything..if you look after it it should give you years of service ..its ideal for those of you that do mobile as well as in a small salon.It certainly will spray small parties ..maybe give it a bit of a rest if your spraying loads of people.
The T100 has over the last year had considerable upgrade modifications making it a good little allrounder.
Unfortunatley like all mass produced goods one or two do have problems which in the main are pretty rare..however if you buy your machine from the brand you intend spraying with they should look after you and deal with any problems you may experiance...good luck with this fab little gizzmo :)

I must say that I bought my minimist form Tantrick about 15 months ago and have had no problems with it. I did have a slight problem when I didnt clean the machine through for about 4 or 5 tans but once I cleaned it through it wad back to full working order again.

From what Collin has said above the minimist and the t100 is that same machine so I can highly recommend it.

I have had my minimist for around 18 months with no problems at all. I do clean it regularly and have done 10 sprays in one afternoon/evening.

Yes you will need to let it cool down a little but this will happen whilst your first client is getting dressed and you are conducting your consultation for your next client, so you shouldn't really have too much of a problem with over heating.

As Collin said these machines are used far and wide by us spray tanners and there may have been just one or two rogue units in what otherwise is a fantastic little unit.

Latest posts

Back