Problems with Waxperts wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am currently using the original Lavender wax from Waxperts and have done the training so know how I should apply it to the skin but am just not getting on as good as I thought I would.

For me it doesn't seem to stick to the skin as well as other brands and kind of glides off whilst applying a strip. I have used oil on the skin but not too much as instructed and just don't feel that I'm getting anywhere with it.

I am trying to persevere but am so tempted to return to my other brand. Also, I find the hot wax is not good on eyebrows/facial waxing as does not grip as well and takes ages to actually set.

Has anyone tried the new Rosie Pearl as I believe it is faster setting??

Any advice would be great xxx

Hi JoSu,

Once you are tissue-ing off the excess pre-wax oil, and leaving only a light glide on the skin, you're good to go oil-wise.

Then when applying your wax, use firm pressure, get the wax on quick and leave to set. I find when I'm playing around with the patch of wax too much, it kinda comes apart on me cos it's already setting.

There are videos on their YouTube page that might help. 👍

Also, I found applying on the face takes a little practice. At first I was bringing over too much wax, then too little. Now I've gotten it sorted just from doing lots. I use coffee stirrers as facial spatulas cos I get a thinner application for brows and lip. I always use the purple hot wax cos of the lower temp and it little to no redness on face at all. I love it!

I hope that helps! 😊

I always use talcum powder underneath the waxperts strip wax, works a treat! I think their hot wax is also the best on the market!

From what you have said, have you been using the pre oil when strip waxing? This is only for hot wax and not strip wax so that will be why the strip wax isn't sticking very well to the skin.

With the hot wax, make sure you are applying plenty of pressure, I tend to find you need robe quite 'firm' with it!

I love the wax, but it does take some practice to get used to the different techniques!

Latest posts

Back