Problems!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
One of my client's who I did a full set for on Saturday has just rung me to say that two of them have come off, as far as I know the other lady isn't having any problems, one thing i'm not sure of is this.

When I did the consultation with her she had a green tinge to every one of her nails, I obviously raised the fact that she may have a mild bacterial infection but she pointed out that she's had this since she had a hysterectomy a few years ago and is on hormone treatment. I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong but could anyone shed any light please as I'm going back to replace these two nails on Saturday evening.

Is she a new client?
Could it be possible that her hormone treatment has made the nails come off?
HRT and other hormone treatments were mentioned on my l&p course as a potential major cause of losing nails, but I don't have the experience to say whether this would be the case :) Hopefully a geekier geek than me can help, but I would probably look for damage first and think of hormone treatments next?
Lol x

Hi Chele

Don't panic! Your description of 'a green tinge' needs a whole lot more info.

Has she had nails on before? Is the 'tinge' all over the nail or in patches? Does it appear to be on the surface or under the nail plate? Is it green or just pale?

If you are in any doubt as to the reason for the 'tinge', remove the nails and don't put any back on. Remember, don't diagnose and don't do anything that may result in a problem that you are not confident in dealing with.

Marian

Hiya,

The green seemed to be more like a film over the actual surface of the nail to honest Mum, it certainly looked a lot better by the time i'd finished removing the non-living tissue from the plate and it was definitely green.

I confirmed with her that she had, had enhancements before as she wanted them kept long and she said that she had.

xxx

Hi Chele, obviously I don't have your full client details so can't fully comment, but always remember this, if a client thinks there may be a contra-indication that may prevent the treatment they are desperate for from going ahead, they may be, shall we say, a little economical with the truth!! So if you are going to perform a treatment and you really aren't sure, then don't do it.

I'm no doctor, but I cant say I have ever heard of hormone treatments giving green nails!!! (just waiting to be proved wrong about that one now lol!)

Is your thread to confirm about the green tinge, or to get advice about breakages? If the latter then I note that she wants them long, if she has broken 2 already, and you don't normally get probs with this type of thing, then they are too long for her, so don't do the repairs foc.

Hi Chele
Not sure I'm any the wiser! :eek:

A bacterial infection tends to be is specific areas (i.e.where overlay has lifted) not as a film over all nails and very rarely on all nails at thesame time. This type of infection starts as a yellow colour and only darkens to a definate green when it has taken hold.

Could it have been staning from a coloured varnish, hair colour, fabric dye? What did it look like when you removed the shine from the nail?

Marian

Sorry, just realised having read Sassy's post that I didn't read the first one too well :o
I saw the 'hormone treatment' part and automatically latched onto this as a reason for the nails coming off so quickly as I'd heard it could cause major problems with enhancements staying on. My brain obviously skipped over the green part.
So I'm sorry for confusing people with bad advice!!
Slap my wrist! :eek:
Lol x

They looked fine when i'd finished with the prep to be honest no sight of green anywhere. I think I may do the repairs but tell her it is possible it's down to her hormone treatment and so if the same happens again I will have to charge her. What do you think??? xxx

Chele. it's really up to you. If I'm honest I will usually do free repairs in the first 7 days, unless they come clean and say they have whacked them. But this is more a gesture of goodwill as I'm at the stage in my career when I know it is rarely down to me (we all have off days). Just keeps them happy, but like you say make sure they know that any other breaks are down to them!!

I will usually do free repairs in the first 7 days, unless they come clean and say they have whacked them
Yeps I agree ... I did 5 sets on Saturday and booboo'd on 4 of them (in my opinion anyway) one lady did ring me and she came and had a new set free of charge (ooh thats a painful 2 hours worth of lesson learned lol) ... there was no trace of acrylic on any nail so they definately just "came off" ..If it was just a couple of nails then I would think that the client has usually done something but to lose both hands ... down to me! .. but I think I know what i did .. so an experience and a lesson learned. Still waiting to speak to the other ladies.
Do the repairs Chele but have faith in yourself and tell her if there are more breakages they must be paid for (especially if they are too long for her)
You is great Chele ... don't let them get you down :)

I disagree with the comment "Don't let them get you down" Jo! If you haven't done your job properly it's not the fault of the client if they complain!! How do you know you got 4 out of 5 wrong??

In these circumstances it's not the client who can 'get you down' its getting it wrong, that;s the problem.

Chele, if the 'tinge' disappeared during prep maybe it was just staining. Don't get into the trap of blaming an unknown quantity cos it's an easy way out. That client wiil eventually go to another technician who will overcome any problem with facts and you will appear unprofessional.

You can only have faith in yourself if you know, deep down, you 've done the best job that can be done.

Marian

Thanks for your help Marian, it is appreciated.

I did her daughter in laws nails on the same day and as far as I am aware she hasn't had any problems and I did my mum's two days before and again she's had no problems. I just then wondered whether it could be her hormone treatment.

I am going to repair those two on Saturday free of charge but I'll decide the rest once I've seen her nails, obviously if there is product left then she must have broken them herself.

Thank you again everyone for your helpful knowledge and advice :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back