ProBrows Course with Glam Lash Ireland?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Thinking of doing this course and have few wee questions

Has anyone done this course?

What did you think of the training?

Was it worth the money?

For experienced therapists - did you learn anything new?

How long was spent teaching the threading?

Thanks any help soooo appreciated

Hiya, i have done it!

Leanne, our teacher, was brilliant and very helpful, we spent plenty of time threading and all but...

I am still waiting for my diploma and to be listed on the site and its been 6 weeks since i done the course!
Also, i bought the course on 2for 1 price but my other colleague could not make it and i didnt get a chance to do the brows myself, so i left a bit deflated as all i could do was observe.
The price of the kit went up between the time i booked the course and the date of the course and noone informed me, so i had to fork out additional 50 euro :-(

I cant say learned much new, but it did give me a boost of confidence when it comes to eyebrows.

Mineral make up does not come in the kit, so this is extra expense again :-(

Jurate xx

Hey thanks for your detailed reply - love it!

I was looking at the kit and thought if I just bought out if it the things I dont have would be much cheaper as always with these kits there is a load of stuff that bulks it out but you alreday have?

Yeh the prices seem to be a bit variable lol

and re the certificate - i have seen this with so many training places - having to wait weeks and weeks on certificates - one place took 8 months and thats with repeated phone calls and emails - then i only received it because they were pushing for a sale!!!!

Do you use any of the skills you learned on the training now?

In the kit i had a pair of scissors, tweezer (its blingy, really nice, but... i canr use it!) Refectocil tints and bleach (mine was out of date, i wanted to lighten someones eyebrows, but didnt dare to use it as it was just watery with weird lumps -went straight in the bin) eyebrow palette, two brow pencil and refectocil cream peroxide, plus salon services tint stain remover and thread. Do your maths :)

Jurate xx

I do a lot of threadding instead of waxing above the eyebrow and leave the tint on for longer. Barely ever use the palette and pencils - used them only once or twice. All the other stuff i used to do anyway, so i am not sure if the course did much for me, but i did enjoy the experience i have to say - apart from not getting to practice really :) i am still thinking wether i should invest in mineral make up :)

Jurate xx

jurate thanks soo much for your help, yeh i get your point about the kit lol

but sounds dissapointing with the out of date stuff

the threading i guess would be the main area of interest to me and gaining further perspective on brow shapes

I have to say there were plenty of notes given - although some of them were about stuff i knew already, but you could tell that the trainer had put her time in into preparing for the class. Threadding is what i came out with really . But the kit was not worth the money :)

Jurate xx

Hey Jurate,
Just spotted this and wanted to apologise for your cert, I've just checked with Ian and your cert was sent out the week after the course and he also emailed you a copy for insurance purposes, if you havent got it yet give us a shout and we'll sort it out.
The fact that you had no model was out of my hands unfortunately as you were supposed to be coming to the course with someone, if you had of let us know beforehand we could have organised a model for you then. What I can do for you though is if you want to come to one of the next classes (either the full day or just the afternoon) and bring a model, id be glad to do some more additional training with you, or if one of the dates doesnt suit, I can set aside an hour or two and pop out to you (provided your not miles away lol) and if you line up a few models, we'll make sure your 100% confident.

With regards the kit, im so so so sorry about the delay but we'd a big problem with the mineral make up, each time it arrived into us there was a quality issue so we couldnt release it. we have finally got it sorted and it should be with us by the end of next week at the latest so the mineral make up and powder brush will be sent straight out to you and every one else who is due one as soon as we have it. It also sounds like you may be missing some stuff out of your kit as you should have got a lot more than what you listed out, I'll get Ian to give you a shout Monday morning and we'll have to find out what you might be missing and replace them.
The peroxide and tint we order directly, so it literally comes into us and goes straight back out in kits so all I can do is apologise for the peroxide, I'm horrified that it would have come into us like that! I'll post you a new one today.
If we dont know theres a problem, we cant fix it for you. so dont be afraid to pick up the phone and let us know, Thats what we're here for :) xx

Leanne,

Thank you for reply - i had a feeling one of your team will come along to this thread.

I still have not received my cert and the only e-mail i got was an invoice and a request for address on 18/04/12, have not received any other communication.

I will pm you if you dont mind, as i was actually going to give you a call anyway :)

Thank you for getting back to me :)

Jurate xx

Hey Jurate,
Just spotted this and wanted to apologise for your cert, I've just checked with Ian and your cert was sent out the week after the course and he also emailed you a copy for insurance purposes, if you havent got it yet give us a shout and we'll sort it out.
The fact that you had no model was out of my hands unfortunately as you were supposed to be coming to the course with someone, if you had of let us know beforehand we could have organised a model for you then. What I can do for you though is if you want to come to one of the next classes (either the full day or just the afternoon) and bring a model, id be glad to do some more additional training with you, or if one of the dates doesnt suit, I can set aside an hour or two and pop out to you (provided your not miles away lol) and if you line up a few models, we'll make sure your 100% confident.

With regards the kit, im so so so sorry about the delay but we'd a big problem with the mineral make up, each time it arrived into us there was a quality issue so we couldnt release it. we have finally got it sorted and it should be with us by the end of next week at the latest so the mineral make up and powder brush will be sent straight out to you and every one else who is due one as soon as we have it. It also sounds like you may be missing some stuff out of your kit as you should have got a lot more than what you listed out, I'll get Ian to give you a shout Monday morning and we'll have to find out what you might be missing and replace them.
The peroxide and tint we order directly, so it literally comes into us and goes straight back out in kits so all I can do is apologise for the peroxide, I'm horrified that it would have come into us like that! I'll post you a new one today.
If we dont know theres a problem, we cant fix it for you. so dont be afraid to pick up the phone and let us know, Thats what we're here for :) xx

ooo that sounds like good customer service! we're going on the course on 27th so see you then leanne all the girls looking forward to it

Latest posts

Back