Probs with selling EN course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone here bought the EN acrylic nails course, not used it for whatever reason and then sold it on?.
I spoke to someone on the phone at EN a couple of months back and was told that I could resell my course as long as the new owner purchased new products to use with it. End of conversation.
Some-one was happy to buy the course from me, I was merely asking one hundred pounds, now I hear that this person has been told that they will have to pay an extra one hundred pounds on top if they want to be assessed.
Personally I think EN have no right to do this ... the course has been paid for once, I dont see how they can charge the new owner while telling me that I am free to sell my kit as a course.
You can probably tell Im not a happy bunny!
If any of you have sold your EN course can you tell me if this assessment fee was the case for you and your purchaser too.
Ta.

Glorsclaws said:
Hi,
Has anyone here bought the EN acrylic nails course, not used it for whatever reason and then sold it on?.
I spoke to someone on the phone at EN a couple of months back and was told that I could resell my course as long as the new owner purchased new products to use with it. End of conversation.
Some-one was happy to buy the course from me, I was merely asking one hundred pounds, now I hear that this person has been told that they will have to pay an extra one hundred pounds on top if they want to be assessed.
Personally I think EN have no right to do this ... the course has been paid for once, I dont see how they can charge the new owner while telling me that I am free to sell my kit as a course.
You can probably tell Im not a happy bunny!
If any of you have sold your EN course can you tell me if this assessment fee was the case for you and your purchaser too.
Ta.
I would like to know the answer to this as I just bought a nearly full l&p training kit and a full rebalance training kit by Essential Nails on Ebay recently. I actually was only looking for the nail trainer but when I saw this I thought it was good with so much included. I shall follow this thread with great interest!
smiley-linie-017.gif

I was given the impression some time ago by EN that as long as the Assessment part of the course was paid for and not 'used', then it could be sold on to the next person without any further cost to themselves. They used to sell everything separately, including the assessment part of the course which cost around £95 plus VAT. However, I've just looked at their website and see it has all changed, so maybe this is the case now?

Bit naff huh? Does anyone actually say 'naff' these days? :lol:

Jackie, naff is not the word coming to my mind right now, lol!!!
My partner paid for the course, I used a few of the nails, decided it wasnt for me and left it.
During my house move I lost the box of tips and someone borrowed the Milady book that came with it and I never got it back ... apart from that and the shelf life of the l&p everything is untouched.
All the papers are still in bags.
Im going to be on the phone first thing tomorrow and find outwhat is going on.

Just had a heated conversation with EN.
It seems that the 95 quid Assessment charge is now the new rule if the course changes hands. :cry:
They said to me that as I was only selling the course for 100 quid ... the other person would still be making a substantial saving!
They said that to assist me in selling it on they would send me some free l&p as mine is prob out of date. :rolleyes:
Anyone want to buy a 100 quid acylic course with a 95 quid aftercharge???
Hmmm .... didnt think so! :evil: :evil: :evil:
... Teena ... would call them and check out your situation!

Sounds to me like loads of people have been selling their EN courses and the buyers have been expecting the assessment part to come along with it even after the original buyer has completed it! (bit like 2 sets of nails for the price of one!)

If the assessment part had genuinely not been taken and the course was purchased before the changes, maybe they will agree to a compromise. Any new user will need to buy more supplies anyway.

The Nail Trainer is a great practice tool for getting used to product control and shape. Remember it doesn't take the place of a real person!!

Marian

Hiya!

I sold my EN airbrush course about 8 months ago now, I hadn't used it and the assessment stuff was still in tact, I did get a call from Jackie at EN asking the details of the new buyer so she could swap them over. I know they have had alot of problems with fake products on ebay (you all know the delightful seller I'm talking about!) so perhaps they have clamped down, it does seem a bit harsh though and like many have said, if it's not used then so what! I mean, you could buy it, and then decide to give it to someone as a gift no?? does that mean they still have to pay £95 for the assessment?? Is what they are saying that the person who BUYS the course must be the person who is assessed? in that case my assessment should have been done by my mum!! LOL! :lol:

:evil: Just been onto EN - and I was told that the Assessment pack is NOT transferrable, even if the original buyer hadn't sent it in and was selling the course complete and unused.

Now I'm a bit peeved about this because last year I bought just the assessment pack for Gel nails from a lady who hadn't bothered to do the course, I didn't need any of the other bits so why buy them? I confirmed by phone with EN that I was able to do this and was told no problem, I could do the course and just send in the assessment cards when I was ready - I wish I had this in writing because the lady I spoke to just now says to be assessed I need to buy the assessment pack again! And this is even though she has just confirmed to me that the lady I bought the assessment pack from HADN'T completed it - so it's been paid for once and they want me to pay for it again. I'm not impressed. :mad:

I'm not going to bother buying the assessment pack again, I only wanted it in the first place for the certificate, so now I will spend the money on a workshop with my local trainers NBSI and get a certificate from them instead. AND, whereas in the past I have highly recommended EN UK (I wonder if the US has the same rules?) - I won't bother any more. I can understand how they have to be careful because some people are buying the already completed courses from Ebay - of course the certification and assessment must be paid for again, BUT, when it's already been paid for and not used (and they KNOW it hasn't been used) and they want me to pay for it again????? I'm sorry, but that's just a company being totally greedy and not at all flexible. I was told by the lady on the phone today that it's just like an airline ticket - you can't transfer names (actually you can but you have to pay a small surcharge) - Perhaps not a fantastic idea using an airline passenger as a comparison to their customers considering how badly passengers can be treated by the airlines...... but maybe there is something in that after all?? :evil:

companys are always bringing in new rules, BUT it should apply to new essential nail kits sold from such and such a date, not as they seem to have done it ALL kits ! it seems just another ploy to get more money out of people.

Hi,
Will be trying to contact John Grace on this one and see what he has to say.
I too can understand that if someone is trying to pull a fast one they have to put rules in place to protect their business BUT , they have me on file as not having done the course!
As Dawn has said ... I think it should be applied to the new kits, they told me just a few months ago that I was ok to sell it on ... now I have ...or rather had a buyer, they have changed the rules!
Funny too, how it didnt cost anything to change over the assessment before but now its a ridiculous 95 pounds ... what is it they have to do? ... click a few buttons on a pc and change my name to hers!
Hmmm, nice way to make a bit extra eh guys!

To be honest, I don't think I'm gonna bother with this, as I personally feel that my NSI and The Nail Centre certificates are as good. The tutor at the Nail Centre used to be an NVQ assessor, and she was a Sattellite registered tutor, so I'm sure she's good. The only training companies I intend to deal with from now on are Creative, NSI, EZ Flow or The Nail Centre.

???How can a certificate from EN qualify a person to work on paying clients i.e. a real person.??
Am I missing something here?

Marian

I've just sent my EN course work off.I thought it better for me to file a piece of rubber away rather than a cuticle!!!
I have been using live models too but not untill I felt confidant(spelling!!!!) enough not to damage her.
Don't Creative advocate nail trainers too?
Will be booking course with Antony soon, now I won't look a complete berk.
thought EN was quite good really.

Debz xx

Creative do advocate Nail Trainers but to practice application and shape in between course days. It is fantastic for that. There is nothing better (especially when every finger at home has had a nail attatched to it!)

My only concern with the courses is that some people may consider they are qualified to move on from working on a plastic finger to a paying client. Although I'm sure no one this site would having read all the posts about training.

Marian :D

I did all of my basic training on the Nail trainer, and I can only said that it gave me a fantastic grounding knowledge of the nail profession. Like anything in our industry, that is no where the training stops, however, by making my mistakes and overfilling on that 'plastic finger' I have not had that embarrassing and painful situation occour on a 'human being'.

Unfortunately there are some lazy techs out there, who think that by doing an essential nails course they are 'fully trained', however on the same token there are plenty of 'one dayers' out there too, who have done there one day class room training and thats it. At least with Essential Nails you can practice practice practice, then when you have cracked that, then you have to move on to a human. I know who I would choose to work on my hands if I had to, and that would be the person who has the good grounding knowledge and respect of the natural nail.

Thankfully there is now the chance to do a concise NVQ qualification, however, the 'one dayers' out there will never be interested in furthering themselves in this fantastic career.

Kind Regards

Well said Gina

I did my initial course with EN, it was the UV gel course and it gave me a good grounding and an opening into the nail biz, unfortunately with little information and being somewhat naive I did think it was good enough to pass the exam and go onto clients, I wasn't being lazy, I just didn't have the relevant amount of information or experience to know otherwise of course in the process I made a complete fool of myself by being very under trained and not atall prepared for the paying public. I did go onto to train with Ezflow and Creative as well as Light Elegance and Tennails and still there are many things I need training on, I don't think it ever ends if you want to strive for perfection, you have to work for it! J xx

Got some l&p through the post free of charge from EN today ... my they were quick with that :eek:
Im still not happy though and have emailed John Grace about the assessment papers.

Glorsclaws said:
Got some l&p through the post free of charge from EN today ... my they were quick with that :eek:
Im still not happy though and have emailed John Grace about the assessment papers.

I'd love to know if you get any response, Glo. I'll watch this space........ :rolleyes:

Thought Id let you guys know that I had a message left by EN on Fri.
Couldnt think what they had to talk to me about unless it was to come to some form of agreement re the above.
Spoke to them today to find that Jackie isnt the only person watching the thread with interest :eek:
The reason for the telephone call was just to explain (again) their reasons for the assessment fee charges ... and again Im afraid I still dont get it.
Aparently the person I wanted to sell the course to was 'happy' about the assessment fee ... not from our private emails she wasnt, and neither was I!
It was suggested to me to sell the trainer on its own, looks like I may be going down that road now.
If these new policies are to be placed on their course I hope they print it loud and clear that the course is not transferable and that any new rules they decide to bring out will have an effect on past purchases.
Over to you EN ... Im sure you have a comment!

Latest posts

Back