Procare Ultralight foam wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone had used the ProCare foam wraps before. Have been looking at ordering Embee Meche but tax & duties just scare me so thought I might give these a go. Would be using when applying balayage.

Thanks

James

88065.jpg

These are not the same as embee meche but I have them and use them when I'm keeping colours separate.

You can make your own "embee meche" from foam packaging materials. You can get varying thicknesses and cut it to the length you want. And wash them after!

These are not the same as embee meche but I have them and use them when I'm keeping colours separate.

You can make your own "embee meche" from foam packaging materials. You can get varying thicknesses and cut it to the length you want. And wash them after!

I wouldn't want to do that because if anything was to go wrong using packaging foam I wouldn't be covered by my insurance. Would you recommend for just separating each section of badayage?

Yes of course, but they are not reusable. I'm not sure about what you mean with insurance as I don't have that in mine. Cling film is another option. And foil.

Okay. I didn't know they weren't reusable so thats useful to know. As a hair stylist i carry liability insurance. So lets say I use packaging foam while colouring and it melts the hair or it damages it, etc I am not covered by my insurance because packaging foam is not used for hair colouring hair where as Embee Meche or pro care foam is specifically designed for hair colouring.

As far as I'm aware all freelance/ independent hairdressers require insurance.

It's an interesting point you've brought up as I personally use cling film and it's not colouring cling film, and I also use large sheets of aluminum foil that isn't hairdressing foil for larger areas of work. And I love my home made meches. Wouldn't do balayage without any of these mentioned above. I also invalidate my insurance because I use Olaplex. Hmmmm. What do others do in this situation?

As far as I'm aware all freelance/ independent hairdressers require insurance.

It's an interesting point you've brought up as I personally use cling film and it's not colouring cling film, and I also use large sheets of aluminum foil that isn't hairdressing foil for larger areas of work. And I love my home made meches. Wouldn't do balayage without any of these mentioned above. I also invalidate my insurance because I use Olaplex. Hmmmm. What do others do in this situation?

I know what you mean. I also use olaplaex and i do not invalidate my insurance as i follow the recommendations given by olaplex so that means I/we are covered by our insurance, if you see what i mean. Just some advice with using cling film, when using it, it may shrink because of the product you are using. We have had that happen both with hair colour and with body wraps when using regular cling film in the salon. I know i sound over bored but i was training in my level 3 the year 5 people went into coma's in the uk because of not skin testing before using l'oreal color and i was also training the day it became law that we had to skin test and i was the mug who had to sit at reception phoning all the clients booked in that day saying that they could not have there colour done as we had to re-skin test, lol.

Interesting. I've never had this problem and never heard of this before but I don't use heat and maybe in these instances hear was used? Well I think you know your answer.

I wouldn't want to do that because if anything was to go wrong using packaging foam I wouldn't be covered by my insurance. Would you recommend for just separating each section of badayage?

Some rules are meant to be broken.

There are technicians out there using paint brushes from Homebase.

I haven't used Procare's foam wraps before however I have used another supplier's hair foam wraps and I love them, so easy to use, works like foil with the ease of meche...in my opinion it's economical as you can reuse them,just clean and dry them, there's no folding them like foil, you can see the colour develop without opening up the foam wrap which is a plus in my books because you don't disturb the development process, only tip I find is apply product to foam wrap first before placing section of hair down, as this secures it.

Also you don't need to fold down the top like you do with foil, no need to fold the sides either, it's that easy! also because it's thermal conducted it acts like foil so it helps speeds up development time...perfect for those clients in a rush.

All in all, I've used foil, easi meche and foam wraps and foam wraps and meche i use on a regular basis however foam wraps are my favs :)

East Coast, would you mind posting a photo of the ones you use?

Hi sugarplumfaery...I don't have a photo of it but I use salon services own brand of foam wraps and use to use sibel brand until they stopped stocking them at my local wholesalers, the meche I use is easi meche by L'Orèal hope that helps you out

Latest posts

Back