Product diversion - buying from non authorised sources

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caqt4u2nv

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I was thinking of switiching over to Ez Flow I love BoogieNights and was wondering if there is anywhere online where the product can be ordered from or does it have to be directly over the phone?
Thanks

Hi everyone...I was thinking of switiching over to Ez Flow I love BoogieNights and was wondering if there is anywhere online where the product can be ordered from or does it have to be directly over the phone?
Thanks

I ordered mine from The Supply Source they are based in america and they have an offer on boogie nights at the moment, i just came back from florida and i had them send some to where i was staying so that i could bring it back with me.
HTH
Jen

Thank you BusyBee I will try that.:hug:

Hey guys

I realise the original post was by an American person looking for a link to a site in America suppling EzFlow products - and I'm comfortable with that.

However I'd just like to "throw my tuppenceworth" in and say a couple of things to any UK tech who clicks the link and is "dazzled" by the prices on offer......

All the UK distibutors of the major nail brands CND, EzFlow, NSI etc, fight a constant battle in an attempt to prevent unauthorised products entering these shores via the back door. Although you may think we are all sworn enemies, we actually work together on projects like this to try to protect the industry.

Yes the products in the USA are cheaper (economies of scale/weakness of the dollar etc), and yes some USA distibutors will (illegally) supply UK techs, but for anyone tempted to purchase from outside the UK please consider this first........

UK Import - Distribution - Education, is all linked and supported by one thing - YOU! If you choose to purchase from outside the UK, then I'm afraid all the good stuff like technical support, education, events and shows goes too.

It's a costly business being involved in distribution - and not as profitable as you may think - look at the recent problems with Hyperion! But we're not all in it for the money - we actually get a kick out of being at the forefront of the industry and helping technicians improve and get on in their career.

But and it's a big BUT, we can't keep it going if you all purchase from outside the UK.

This isn't a dig aimed at anyone - I just felt I'd share my thoughts....

Regards

Derek

As far as the internet google ezflow there are alot of suppliers that sell ezflow. As far as whole sale ed wyse sells ezflow. I think there is a supply called hollywood something that has alot of stuff.

I'd like to add to your thoughts Derek (if I may :wink2:)

When techs buy froM outside the UK they must be made aware that they are liable for any taxes, import duty etc that needs to be made on the products they're importing.
The transportation costs will be higher than if those companies were delivering to techs within their own country.
Special packaging for flammable goods costs a lot of money, it isn't as easy as just bunging it all in a box and off it goes, monomer (for example) needs to be packaged in special cat litter type substance to ensure that if there's a leakage it gets absorsed adequately to prevent a fire hazard during transit.

Then we have the distributors who try to evade paying the export costs, I know they exist because I've ordered from abroad before, I ordered some products and they were sent as 'nailart' when they clearly were not, that means that I was effectively breaking the law without knowing it :!:

There is so much more involved other than clicking 'pay and post'.

i ordered stuff frm the net a bottle of monomer had turned into a gel (anyone know what on earth was happening there?) and a bottle of fibreglass resin had been opened and turned rock hard. not worth my whle complaining and i cant send it back as it wouldnt be worth my while so il not be doing that again!

i ordered stuff frm the net a bottle of monomer had turned into a gel (anyone know what on earth was happening there?) and a bottle of fibreglass resin had been opened and turned rock hard. not worth my whle complaining and i cant send it back as it wouldnt be worth my while so il not be doing that again!
This is where ordering from your nearest branded distributor comes in handy, it's cheaper to send products back if there's a problem and if they're worth their salt they will guarantee their products, it's a win-win situation :green:

This is where ordering from your nearest branded distributor comes in handy, it's cheaper to send products back if there's a problem and if they're worth their salt they will guarantee their products, it's a win-win situation :green:

A good point well made Sandi!

There will always be slight problems with products - it's unavoidable when producing vast quanties of items. It happened to us only this week with funnily enough a faulty monomer (gel like as mentioned in the previous post) within a colour collection kit.

The client phoned, explaining the problem and looking for some support. As they were fairly local I travelled over myself and exchanged the monomer for them - no problem at all. I actually gave them a 4oz in replacement for a 2oz as I never had any of the smallest in stock, so they gained out of it.

Had they purchased from outside the UK then I can only guess as to what support they would have received......

Feel free to add your thoughts Sandi!!

You are spot on with all of your observations. I hope they may make anyone who has purchased in this manner or is thinking about it perhaps think twice.

Cheers

Derek
I'd like to add to your thoughts Derek (if I may :wink2:)

When techs buy froM outside the UK they must be made aware that they are liable for any taxes, import duty etc that needs to be made on the products they're importing.
The transportation costs will be higher than if those companies were delivering to techs within their own country.
Special packaging for flammable goods costs a lot of money, it isn't as easy as just bunging it all in a box and off it goes, monomer (for example) needs to be packaged in special cat litter type substance to ensure that if there's a leakage it gets absorsed adequately to prevent a fire hazard during transit.

Then we have the distributors who try to evade paying the export costs, I know they exist because I've ordered from abroad before, I ordered some products and they were sent as 'nailart' when they clearly were not, that means that I was effectively breaking the law without knowing it :!:

There is so much more involved other than clicking 'pay and post'.

I ordered mine from The Supply Source they are based in america and they have an offer on boogie nights at the moment, i just came back from florida and i had them send some to where i was staying so that i could bring it back with me.
HTH
Jen

I have to add my tuppence worth to this too...... LOL.............
OK so there is someone in the States you can order it from and have it delivered to ready to be collected by a UK Technician on their hols or State visit.....
Sounds pretty cool doesn't it, but hey hang on a mo...............

How is this Technician going to bring their booty back to the UK? In a suitcase? among other Holiday makers luggage? Will the airline let you travel with flammables? Will the Customs and Excise little sniffer doggies jump all over your case? Will it end up in a full blown security alert? Hey I hear you say, its only one little bottle of monomer...?!? The little waggy tails don't sniff for quantity, their little noses are trained to sniff out a pea size little bit of naughty stuff. Since we live in a wicked world of terrorism and people out hell bend to blow each other up, it may not be such a good idea after all.
If one person has this idea ,how many more may have the same idea on the same flight as you? So it may just be one bottle for you but it could be hundreds in reality and do any of us really fancy sitting on top of a load of flammables?
Just my thoughts on this.......if we don't support our own industry, it may not be there in years to come to support us!!!

Their are a few more threads with regards to travelling with monomer, flammables alike.....

I am also in California and I have ordered from EZ Nails & Beauty Supply
Great customer service and also from buyail

I agree with what you say Derek. I admit that in the past i have ordered from the states to save money when i didn't have a great deal coming in, but as you said, if it all goes wrong you end up paying out more to rectify the situation.

I had ordered monomer, not knowing the implications of shipping this stuff, it arrived, had all leaked in the box so the bottle was empty, i also got collared for the customs charge and ended up with no product. I then had to order it locally, so paid out again and ended up losing money. Especially as it takes weeks to come from the states, then what with our postal system not being good at times, it was just so not worth the saving.

I always buy from my nearest supplier, knowing that, if there is a problem, they will sort it asap.

I have to add my tuppence worth to this too...... LOL.............
OK so there is someone in the States you can order it from and have it delivered to ready to be collected by a UK Technician on their hols or State visit.....
Sounds pretty cool doesn't it, but hey hang on a mo...............

How is this Technician going to bring their booty back to the UK? In a suitcase? among other Holiday makers luggage? Will the airline let you travel with flammables? Will the Customs and Excise little sniffer doggies jump all over your case? Will it end up in a full blown security alert? Hey I hear you say, its only one little bottle of monomer...?!? The little waggy tails don't sniff for quantity, their little noses are trained to sniff out a pea size little bit of naughty stuff. Since we live in a wicked world of terrorism and people out hell bend to blow each other up, it may not be such a good idea after all.
If one person has this idea ,how many more may have the same idea on the same flight as you? So it may just be one bottle for you but it could be hundreds in reality and do any of us really fancy sitting on top of a load of flammables?
Just my thoughts on this.......if we don't support our own industry, it may not be there in years to come to support us!!!

Their are a few more threads with regards to travelling with monomer, flammables alike.....

I spoke to the airline before we left and told them what i was bringing back we had to pay and extra 32$ for the transit and make sure that it was packaged properly.
Usually i order products from nailite who are based in america as the local distributor here doesnt have all the products i require or the sizes. I do pay vat, tax, import duties and delivery and take that into account everytime i order. If its nsi products i do use my local distributor.
I'm not a cowboy nail technician and i do check things out before i purchase them i.e delivery, customs, charges, hazadous materials.
I do feel that there are some distributors just out there for the profit though unfortunatly.
I wasnt treading on anyones toes it was as the original poster was in california and i had just been to america and found that local supplier i thought i would advise them, I also emailed the company who informed me that they were a authorised distributor in the U.S so i didnt feel that i was doing anything wrong.
I have never ordered any products from anywhere either here or in the U.S before checking out if they are authorised distributor.
Jen
Jen

i just get mine form the local distributer its far easier , and if i have any probs i can just phone em :green:

I am also in California and I have ordered from EZ Nails & Beauty Supply
Great customer service and also from buyail

Do you have a link to this?

OOPps Nevermind I found the site... thanks a lot anyway.
I've been using Tammy Taylor all along and I purchase their product here in the states so i didnt know where to go for other products such as Ez flow, CND etc. They all seem to come out of the UK and I'm in California. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone by asking if there was a website for it here. I apologize if it upset anyone:sad:. I believe most of you live somewhere else out of the states where it must be easier to stock up on your supplies.

OOPps Nevermind I found the site... thanks a lot anyway.
I've been using Tammy Taylor all along and I purchase their product here in the states so i didnt know where to go for other products such as Ez flow, CND etc. They all seem to come out of the UK and I'm in California. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone by asking if there was a website for it here. I apologize if it upset anyone:sad:. I believe most of you live somewhere else out of the states where it must be easier to stock up on your supplies.

Hey

Please don't apologise - you've done absolutely nothing wrong. All you did was ask for some advice, which someone in turn duly helped out with.

I did however feel the need to take the thread slightly off topic, to reitterate to technicians the importance of purchasing from their home countries (and in turn protecting the industry there).

As I've mentioned in my posts it is a serious problem for UK distributors, when technicians source products from abroad. It also has the potential to kill the industry stone dead, and that's the point I was trying to make.

Others later rightly pointed out the dubious transportation methods sometimes adopted, and how in most some cases it is a false ecomomy anyway.....

You may be surprised to know that the major brands you mention are all manufactured in the USA - not the UK. The UK distributors have a canny knack of building US brands up over here (through hard work and clever marketing I guess), to be even bigger than they are in their home countries.

Cheers

If you need a supplier that provides both authorised education and product in California, I work for California Nail & Spa Supply up in the Sacramento area. We're direct with all the major manufacturers and we provide support as well. Our web addy is: California Nail - Welcome

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

S

I seemed to have missed something on this thread...some posts have disappeared but I do understand why.

I personally would never even entertain buying from abroad, I rarely buy any regular items over the internet either, I would rather pay a little more and receive a better service with some guarantee and support the UK industry in doing so.
Also I do understand the view from the distributors out there, you are rightly trying to protect your business.

However I am glad to see that this distributors name was restored from the blacked out version which I originally read - in my view censoring this site is NOT the way to 'protect' the UK industry. We all know we can buy items from abroad but most of us choose not to because we are happy with our supplier. There is no point in pretending that this option doesn't exist - so well done Salongeek from not shying away from this.

On the flipside there are distributors out there who are resting on their past reputations and delivering a shambolic level of customer service and support to UK techs - we've seen it talked about in various posts - I'm not talking about the Hyperion problems here. I'm talking about distributors who seem to rely on a great product and give no more than that. Techs complain that these guys seem to feel they are doing them a favour by supplying to them!!
In cases like that I am all for techs choosing other legal options and if that means importing the stuff themselves then so be it.

Competition is a healthy thing in my view and if distributors are making their customers happy they have nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back