Product help, Bluesky any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zara123

Reaction score
ok so just qualified and looking to buy all my kit.

I have been advised about illac from ink london which looks fab but pricey. I have recently joined a group that use Bluesky which is a lot lot lot cheaper and apparently works fine. They used the Mylee lamp with it which is about £30.00

So what I am asking is the cheaper product any good is it worth investing in? Or should I go for Ink London and not have the option of being able to afford more colours.

Or will bluesky work with ink london as well

Hi and congrats on your new qualification [emoji5]️

There's a lot about bluesky on this site, have a search and a read.

My best advice would be to use a professional only brand, and to buy the lamp that goes with that system.

Stay fully pro, by buying quality products, ones that the public can't buy readily.

Ink London I believe have a loyal following and good results, again, try a search.

Have fun and lots of good luck with your new business! X

Ink London is actually a lot cheaper than others brands, it is not available for non professionals and is a good quality considering the price is low. I wouldn't go with the cheapest you can find personally As in my opinion " you get what you pay for " and with the things I have read with blue sky I wouldn't ever use them

I second the above comments. Use a pro brand and all its products because you are a pro. Even if they appear more expensive initially your customers will thank you and become loyal. I use Ink and CND Shellac and love both and so do my ladies. Another really good company to deal with is Cuccio and their Veneer. They've got local reps that come out to you and are very reasonable. Good luck with your business

I've used bluesky and there alright I've used them for a couple of years now it last 14day plus with no chips etc x

Ink London isn't pricey for a professional product.
My clients have been to salons that used bluesky and regardless of the longevity of the service they don't want it as they can buy it easily themselves.

I'd also advice calculating the price per service, as this is the amount you should use for you profit calculation. You'll find the difference isn't that large between brands.

I think you should chose a brand that satisfies your requirements and not think about the price per bottle, buy a few core colours and expand your collection as you earn more money.

Last edited:
Hi,

I wouldn't avoid bluesky as I use it on myself and saves using the cnd plus the top coat is always handy for demo nails.

Steer clear of cco, shinnerlac, and all that other rubbish.

Go with a good brand and you will be fine. Cnd is good but 7.3ml in the bottle is a bit of a con.

You get what u pay for! In a nice way as possible [emoji12] be the best you can be! As ciderella said why offer something clients can easily get and do themselves?

Also you can buy bluesky deals on groupon really cheap and to me why would a professional even go there
But then again that's my opinion [emoji39]

Latest posts

Back