Product recommendations for root lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any good products or share any tricks of the trade to achieve MEGA root lift!! (or even slight root lift)!
My hair's quite fine but have been told there's plenty of it, past shoulder length with layers around the crown and sides (in a bid to get it to stand up a little)! but no matter what I do it just sits flat to my head:irked: I've tried loads of root lifters/volumisers & drying it upside down but still Flat as a pancake:eek: so...... any recommendations? please?

I'll have to stick my fingers in the sockets then:eek::eek:!!!

a bit of backcombing at the roots ..
hairspray at the roots...

and if that doesn't work

better start thinking of which light socket you are going to use, :D

Hi if you have medium or long hair it may be to heavy , perhaps consider having some layers on top and wight taken out ,so you can spike it up,
don't overload product on the ends of the hair as JDs says use it on the root area only,

you could try spraying the root with Wella shock waves lacquer the strongest one, then hold hair up at the roots until it is dry ,

or spray the root sections with lacquer and then whilst you are getting ready to go out just place a Velcro roller underneath the roots with the hair hanging over the roller (and not all rolled in ) :hug: x

Thanks for that, I've been reading about Tigi Superstar blowdry lotion for volume, is it any good?

Yes it is ... i have the tigi blow dry lotion and the thickening spray...they both work very well together...but be warned...IT DOES WORK...:lol: x

my hair is the same, i have it cut quiet short at the top and then sliced down to blend it. razored slightly at the crown area. I use fudge putty on it when wet then blast it dry upside down rubbing it with the palm of my hand. This gives a backcomb effect with is being razored. Straighten it upwards on the top which makes it stick up. then i use fudge shaper to separate and smooth. Backcomb it slightly with a dressing out comb and spray with fudge cement. :irked: god reading that sounds really hard work, but believe me once you practice a bit you will master it. Only takes me 10 mins from wet to finish.:green: hope this helps and doesnt confuse you more....

Cheers everyone, Looks like I'm off to find me some Tigi tommorow then!
Will let you know how I get on:)

tigi root boost is brill! its in a blue can and i use it every day my hair is flat as a pancake without it! xx

Can anyone recommend any good products or share any tricks of the trade to achieve MEGA root lift!! (or even slight root lift)!
My hair's quite fine but have been told there's plenty of it, past shoulder length with layers around the crown and sides (in a bid to get it to stand up a little)! but no matter what I do it just sits flat to my head:irked: I've tried loads of root lifters/volumisers & drying it upside down but still Flat as a pancake:eek: so...... any recommendations? please?

Hi,
Have you ever heard of Headlines by Wella? Fantasic root perm!! When done right you wouldn't know that you had had a perm!! Another brilliant product is the root lift mousse from the chill range. It is sprayed straight into the roots and gives loads of volume!!
Hope this helps.

I'd better make a shopping list!!

WARNING!!! do not use tigis superstar blow dry lotion and superstar queen for a day thickening spray together!!!!!!!!
you will have mahoosive hair its hilarious!!!!
been there and worn the t shirt!!! lol

have you tried blo drying with a round brush in at the roots to get some good lift too??

WARNING!!! do not use tigis superstar blow dry lotion and superstar queen for a day thickening spray together!!!!!!!!
you will have mahoosive hair its hilarious!!!!
been there and worn the t shirt!!! lol
This is exactly what I want (pmsl)!!!

have you tried blo drying with a round brush in at the roots to get some good lift too??
Yeah, but I end up getting the brush all tangled :smack:

put the brush in at the roots on sectioned hair
get the sectioned off hair well out of the way first
then put the brush in and sort of give it a quarter turn to sort of lock it , then direct the heat in at the roots pointing down along the cuticle
keep doing this until hair is dry
gives great results
ps dont take too much hair at once or more than the width of the hair brush
hth xx

Hi, I would advice you to go back to basics with regards to styling, as already suggested, blowdrying from tip to root ensuring the airflow direction is going in the direction that the hair is to fall, taking small sections each time. Dont be too generous with styling products less is more, you can always add products if needed. Ensure each section is thoroughly dry before moving on to next section. A cold blast of air to the finished style will allow the style to last longer.

If hair is naturally thick or heavy, it can be thinned by chipping into it, or thinning scissors to add lift to the hair (as seen with the mullet style)

I hope this helps
Sas

Thanks everyone :hug:
All the hairdressers were shut yesterday so couldn't get my tigi's :irked:
Gonna try today :)

Thanks for that, I've been reading about Tigi Superstar blowdry lotion for volume, is it any good?

yes it is amazing!def recommend this, i am a tigi salon and cant fault the products!x

Just an update really, went to my local salon that stocks Tigi and ended up buying.......

Superstar Blowdry Lotion
Superstar Thickening Spray
Fashionista Big & Bigger
Catwalk Root Boost
Just gotta decide which to try first? !!

Definately gonna have to hide the receipt for this little lot! :smack: :smack: :wink2:

lol they are all ace. i would go for superstar queen its my fave x:hug:

Latest posts

Back