product removal method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailman

Reaction score
learned a trick.new to me, maybe not to you. A client complained about the soak off method in acetone, so I:

a- soak cotton balls in 100% acetone and apply to all ten nails
b- wrap aluminum foil around to hold on cotton balls
c- apply quality lotion and dip in the paraffin bath
d-insert both hands into heated paraffin mittins(got em at Sallys)
e- set her in the corner 30 minutes- do another client
f-times up. remove one mitten, pull off foil one at a time/product slides right off
no scraping ,no dryed out acetone skin ,
g- repeat (f) other hand

my clients are loving it as they get the benefit of paraffin bath without sitting in a weird position with both hand in a little bowl of acetone for an hour or more

anyone else ever try this? NAILMAN

Marvin Bayless
http://nailtrips.com

nailman said:
learned a trick.new to me, maybe not to you. A client complained about the soak off method in acetone, so I:

a- soak cotton balls in 100% acetone and apply to all ten nails
b- wrap aluminum foil around to hold on cotton balls
c- apply quality lotion and dip in the paraffin bath
d-insert both hands into heated paraffin mittins(got em at Sallys)
e- set her in the corner 30 minutes- do another client
f-times up. remove one mitten, pull off foil one at a time/product slides right off
no scraping ,no dryed out acetone skin ,
g- repeat (f) other hand

my clients are loving it as they get the benefit of paraffin bath without sitting in a weird position with both hand in a little bowl of acetone for an hour or more

anyone else ever try this? NAILMAN

Marvin Bayless
http://nailtrips.com
yep it was mentioned a while back by another Geek...(cant remember who thou, sorry)

Hows the fab van doing?

I had heard of the cotton and foils. But adding a parrafin sounds great. But does any acetone come out of foil and into your wax?
arlene

The nailwagon is going great. We have three large corporations naow, as well as a nursing facility and our regular home clients .
Thanks for asking. NAILMAN

HTTP://NAILTRIPS.COM

Not Noticeably

Hi Marvin .... it is a great way to soak off and you can also remove just one nail while still being able to do the others (if you have a bad break or something) and when the others are done, you can do the last one!! Many of us do know of this method but ...

Adding the heat of the paraffin is a nice soothing way to speed up the process (which normally is less than luxurious) and add a touch of pampering at the same time. I'm sure many on the board will love this idea.

Thanks for sharing. x

geeg ,you are the best.hope to someday meet you and all of the cnd team.
NAILMAN

It has to happen doesn't it? We're practicaly related! My brother went to university in Wisconsin in Annarbour (don't know if I spelled that right). I had already gone to live in England at that time.

If you come up with any more great ideas ... pass them along ... So chuffed (means happy in the UK) to hear that all is going so well. Let us know when the article comes out!!

Sorry guys,

Just a touch confused with this one, do you actually put the hands in the parafin wax with the foil on already. Sounds a bit odd looking to me, I want to try this out tomorrow, but I don't want to get it wrong and make a fool out of myself.

Thanks

Its a superb idea. The acetone (I prefer product remover as it is much quicker and less dehydrating) shouldnt interfere with the paraffin as the parafin should dry around it. If concerned, I would 'ladel' onto the nails first.

Other than that... the heat fro the paraffin will make the solvent remove signifacantly faster and as Gigi mentioned, a heck of a lot nicer than sitting in a bowl.

I give this concept two thumbs up ;)

hi id really like to try this out

would it be an idea to increase my soak off charge slightly to incorporate the parrafin wax ? if so what would you suggest by way of an increase ? i know areas are different but a rough idea to get me going would be great

also do you think it would be an idea to offer two options for soak offs ie soak off and mini manicure and then another to incorporate the parrafin wax for client to choose ? or just stick with one luxurious one including the wax ?

thanks

kx

The Nail Geek said:
Its a superb idea. The acetone (I prefer product remover as it is much quicker and less dehydrating) shouldnt interfere with the paraffin as the parafin should dry around it. If concerned, I would 'ladel' onto the nails first.

Other than that... the heat fro the paraffin will make the solvent remove signifacantly faster and as Gigi mentioned, a heck of a lot nicer than sitting in a bowl.

I give this concept two thumbs up ;)

Well now you know what method we will be using for soak off from now on. Good Idea and keep them coming

could you just soak ogg using the acetone on cotton balls in foil, inside the heated mitts without the parafin?????
Wouls this damage the mitts???

Would like to try this one soon!!!

My clients have loved this method since I changed over from the traditional way last year and they are happy to pay the £16 I charge which includes mini manicure. And it makes a great selling point for a parrafin wax pedi once they feel what it does to their hands they can't resist trying it on their feet and then their hooked!! I got the idea off the beautytech message board which is also a great site for learning etc although nothing beats this one!!!
Jen

Thanks GMG ,ANY NEW IDEAS WILL BE POSTED PROMPTLY

I like the idea of the paraffin, I've always removed this way (although now I use those little pink things you stick on your finger - the name escapes me!) - the heated mitts really do speed up the removal. Karren, I think I'd offer both, different prices for with or without the wax, a couple of my clients find the wax a little too hot for them!

A quick question for GMG..... is the Faze Product Remover ok for removing acrylic or is it completely different?

Welsh Geek - you need to use the plastic liners on the hand before putting in the mitts - no damage at all to the then. :)

thanks Jackie for responding to my reply hun

kx

JackieMc said:
I like the idea of the paraffin, I've always removed this way (although now I use those little pink things you stick on your finger - the name escapes me!) - the heated mitts really do speed up the removal. Karren, I think I'd offer both, different prices for with or without the wax, a couple of my clients find the wax a little too hot for them!

A quick question for GMG..... is the Faze Product Remover ok for removing acrylic or is it completely different?

Welsh Geek - you need to use the plastic liners on the hand before putting in the mitts - no damage at all to the then. :)

The Nail Geek said:
(I prefer product remover as it is much quicker and less dehydrating)
samuel, can you explain the difference between acetone and product remover please, and how come its quicker ? :confused:

angel fingers said:
The Nail Geek said:
(I prefer product remover as it is much quicker and less dehydrating)
samuel, can you explain the difference between acetone and product remover please, and how come its quicker ? :confused:

Product remover takes the same amount of time as Acetone because it is also acetone ... with a difference. The acetone has been buffered to protect the skin from de-fatting and de-hydrating quite so drastically. It is kinder .... gentler ... and much less scarey-looking when you remove the fingers from a straight acetone solution.

:o I nearly 'died' the first time I saw a clients fingers come out of Acetone!!! I didn't know what to say and just hoped it would go away. I soon changed to a proper product remover and less embarassment. :o

Product removers contain a solvent that is a very close realtion to acetone, however is much faster, less dehydrating, and of course more expensive.

Hope this helps

o yea, you can use Faze2 remover to remove enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back