Product samples

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilk87

Reaction score
hi guys any ideas of where i can get any cheap or free samples of hair products, I want some to put in some goodie bags for when I open my salon. I've searched the net, and all I can find is non pro :(

HELP!!!

ask all the reps you know! What lines do you use in the salon? You can ring around different companies and tell them youre looking for a new product line and could they send you some samples to try....
Lately companies have been a bit tight with the samples, but of they think they may get a new contract they may be more generous ;) xx

also, just thought, try looking for "samples" on ebay under "wholesale and job lots" health and beauty section...... xx

ask all the reps you know! What lines do you use in the salon? You can ring around different companies and tell them youre looking for a new product line and could they send you some samples to try....
Lately companies have been a bit tight with the samples, but of they think they may get a new contract they may be more generous ;) xx

Gonna be using bed head. I've tried tigi website but I couldn't find a number or contact bit lol x

More chance of shagging the pope in woolly's window than getting samples out of tigi! X

More chance of shagging the pope in woolly's window than getting samples out of tigi! X

Haha!!!

I just need something to put in my goodie bags. Doing vouchers, key rings with salon logo and phone number on. I'm stuck on what else to put in them :(

Just an idea but you could make your own samples I.e a lock of hair u use with a pretty ribbon tied round ....also you can buy small empty tubs which you could put samples of the products you use in them ( I did this the other day for aftercare with colour erase as the bottles I was sent were huge!! )

Also if there's any local shops near you ask them if they have any cards or offers they would like you to put in the bag then you could leave some of yours :)

Hi we done a wedding fare awhile back and explained to our reps local rep too and we got loads of things from wella and matrix! Matrix stuff was amazing they gave us bags, samples shampoos, conditioners etc and hair towels!
Balmain hair only sent us leaflets lol but better than nothing!

Could i ask though as we are a MATRIX Salon and we love the range loads, but the poster should get samples or sachets from his OWN supplier as i think he said he uses Tigi ? So he should get Tigi samples, if he went to Matrix and got samples and then some of them came back to him and said can i buy this, he wont have the range in and will look silly ?

Sorry this is the way i see, it is like me getting Wella samples in and giving them out on my open days and when i am a Matrix Salon ????

So my advice to the young man is go to your supplier and ask them for sachets and samples, i know for one Matrix Salons do get looked after ok and our rep in Derby even assists with any other help too, so hence why we stick with Matrix.

Could i ask though as we are a MATRIX Salon and we love the range loads, but the poster should get samples or sachets from his OWN supplier as i think he said he uses Tigi ? So he should get Tigi samples, if he went to Matrix and got samples and then some of them came back to him and said can i buy this, he wont have the range in and will look silly ?

Sorry this is the way i see, it is like me getting Wella samples in and giving them out on my open days and when i am a Matrix Salon ????

So my advice to the young man is go to your supplier and ask them for sachets and samples, i know for one Matrix Salons do get looked after ok and our rep in Derby even assists with any other help too, so hence why we stick with Matrix.

Maybe I'm not asking the right questions? Lol I'm after samples too but my rep is a bit funny dependant on his mood x

Hi Blue xx

Well our Rep Michael is wonderful, always cheery and happy, and when he leaves our salon we feel lightened and energised, we dont dread him coming in like other reps !!!!!

Well he will try his best and we just liase with the wholesalers who ask what we are doing and then they send what they can, sometimes they have some in and sometimes they dont have many in at all, but we have purchased them too in the past of which we don't mind at all .

Hi Blue xx

Well our Rep Michael is wonderful, always cheery and happy, and when he leaves our salon we feel lightened and energised, we dont dread him coming in like other reps !!!!!

Well he will try his best and we just liase with the wholesalers who ask what we are doing and then they send what they can, sometimes they have some in and sometimes they dont have many in at all, but we have purchased them too in the past of which we don't mind at all .

Well think I'll have a chat with mine, I don't feel energised or enlightened just informed of what deals are on, and if I don't order he's off! X

Oh dear that sounds like our old Wella rep, Michael is a breath of fresh air, he takes a Genuine interests in us and our salon, and ask how we have got on with previous promotions and then he shows us whats on Deal and how we can portray it into our salon, he is also an ex hairdresser so he is VERY realistic and never ever Forces anything down you that you don't want !!!!

He is so energetic and enthusiatic, and we can call him at anytime for help etc.....

Oh dear that sounds like our old Wella rep, Michael is a breath of fresh air, he takes a Genuine interests in us and our salon, and ask how we have got on with previous promotions and then he shows us whats on Deal and how we can portray it into our salon, he is also an ex hairdresser so he is VERY realistic and never ever Forces anything down you that you don't want !!!!

He is so energetic and enthusiatic, and we can call him at anytime for help etc.....

I want him as my rep! I think all reps shud be ex hairdressers personally! X

oh you would love him, he is sooooooo funny and beautiful inside and out, a really nice genuine person .

If I remember rightly TIGI don't do samples they believe it's not necessary for some reason but personally I think it's fab clients would always try and then buy next time. MATRIX have always been good with samples but became very difficult To get hold of just recently. Another thing we used to do was put a couple of sweets in, vouchers, re omens a friend cards and key rings with a few product samples.

Also bluerinse who is your rep and which wholesalers do you use, I am having major problems even getting mine to come see me Now I have moved salon and more on my own suddenly I'm not a valuable customer for someone to come visit!!

I've PM'd you :) x

i went to a wella seminar last year and on everyones chairs was a 50ml brilliance shampoo, a cute wee 25ml brilliance mask and a sachet of velvet amplifier dont know if its wella your going with but cold try contacting the reps and asking for a few wee things

Yes I knew he was tigi not matrix, but just pointing out how fab they were, maybe should think about matrix!

Latest posts

Back