Products for thinning hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanthaK

Reaction score
Hey!
Can anyone recommend any good products for hair thinning that have been tried. tested and proven to work ? Thanks in advance xx

I'm looking for this too!

When you say thinning do you mean your hair is becoming really fine and babyish or you're actually losing density through loss of strands?

Nioxin have a product that you apply to the hair before blow dried and it increases the diameter of each strand its called Diaboost.

You also have the 3 part systems by nioxin and it'll be tailored to you depending on hair type.

If you're losing much more strands than usual i'd see your local GP.

Nioxin won't make it physically any thicker; it'll improve the health of your hair and stop it from thinning anymore. It should also help give you more volume and the appearance of thicker hair (the Diaboost however will increase the thickness through illusion).

Is your hair virgin or chemically treated? Is it thick or thin?
Is each individual strand very fine or quite coarse?
Is it noticeably thinning? I.e can you see it at the hairline thinning away?

Some of my clients are thinning on top. Do you recommend this product?

Some of my clients are thinning on top. Do you recommend this product?

If its noticeably thinning I'd probably recommend hair integration systems however if its just starting to thin then yes nioxin.

Nioxin won't make it physically any thicker; it'll improve the health of your hair and stop it from thinning anymore. It should also help give you more volume and the appearance of thicker hair (the Diaboost however will increase the thickness through illusion).

Is your hair virgin or chemically treated? Is it thick or thin?
Is each individual strand very fine or quite coarse?
Is it noticeably thinning? I.e can you see it at the hairline thinning away?

No the hair line isn't thinning away. More details on my last post.
Thanks

Hey!
Can anyone recommend any good products for hair thinning that have been tried. tested and proven to work ? Thanks in advance xx

You need to work out the cause first before you can determine what solution to try.

Post pregnancy, male pattern baldness, medication inc. Chemo, etc....

Thanks !
My clients hair is like baby hair really, she has a nice natural shine to her hair but it's just so thin, I will recommend the diaboost to her!

There are no products on the market that will actually help towards natural thickening and not just the appearance of thicker hair is there? Xx

Thanks !
My clients hair is like baby hair really, she has a nice natural shine to her hair but it's just so thin, I will recommend the diaboost to her!

There are no products on the market that will actually help towards natural thickening and not just the appearance of thicker hair is there? Xx

Nope you can only prevent it once; once its gone its gone. As far as i'm aware x

Mine isn't noticeably thinning but is coarse and quite dry. Even after regular cuts it gets finer and finer at the bottom. The ends are thin and dry as straw! Yes in the past it's been through a lot! Bleach every colour under the roof. I havnt touched it for 3 years now.0

I'd recommend system 5 x

Thanks il look into system 5 x

Nope you can only prevent it once; once its gone its gone. As far as i'm aware x
L'Oreal Serioxyl encourages hair growth. As long as there are still follicles.

It can increase hair density as well as hair thickness.

L'Oreal Serioxyl encourages hair growth. As long as there are still follicles.

It can increase hair density as well as hair thickness.

How does it work?

How does it work?
I'm going from memory here so I can't remember all the sciencey bit.

You start with a treatment that, I believe, clears the follicle of anything like mineral build up.

Then regularly use the shampoo and conditioner which will thicken the hair. And the mousse thickens the hair and gives root lift.

There's two other products. One thickens the hair. And the other increases hair density by 'waking up' the hair which is within the dormant phase. It has a new ingredient called stemoxydine. There's also an ingredient within in that, if there was any more in it, it would have to be a prescription item.

I'm going from memory here so I can't remember all the sciencey bit.

You start with a treatment that, I believe, clears the follicle of anything like mineral build up.

Then regularly use the shampoo and conditioner which will thicken the hair. And the mousse thickens the hair and gives root lift.

There's two other products. One thickens the hair. And the other increases hair density by 'waking up' the hair which is within the dormant phase. It has a new ingredient called stemoxydine. There's also an ingredient within in that, if there was any more in it, it would have to be a prescription item.

It sounds like but don't completely quote me because i'm not all that knowledgeable on nioxon but it sounds like they both do the same thing but as we both know if the follicle is dead then theres no bringin back the hair which is what I was talking about before!

It sounds like but don't completely quote me because i'm not all that knowledgeable on nioxon but it sounds like they both do the same thing but as we both know if the follicle is dead then theres no bringin back the hair which is what I was talking about before!
Sorry! Thought when you said when it's gone, it's gone you meant the hair not the follicle.

Thanks Cam97. I have underactive thyroid which is causing the hair loss and thinning. It is very fine. Luckily I don't have any bold patches. Also it won't grow much in length. Which products are best to use from Nioxon?
Under active thyroid can cause frontal thinning, are you on medication for this yet? If so how long have you been on it? Also do you have any new growth?

Under active thyroid can cause frontal thinning, are you on medication for this yet? If so how long have you been on it? Also do you have any new growth?

Yes I'm on Levothyroxine 150mg daily, been on it for 9 years. Yes I do have new hair growth. X

Latest posts

Back