Products to remove scars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABC

Reaction score
I used to have acne on my back when I was younger and also used to suffer badly with trapped hairs which has left me with scars on my body (not face) that I'm really paranoid about.

I've tried a few products but wondered if anyone has anything they have used that's worked? I've got a friends wedding abroad and the thought of everyone seeing my scars in my bikini is worrying me. Thanks in advance xx

I don't think you can remove a scar because it is something that is healing anyway (hence why they fade eventually).

Could use bio oil in the run up and camouflage makeup on the day if they are places you can reach. Failing that, maybe a spray tan to even the skin tone although it depends on the scar. It's a bit anti beauty industry of me but personally, when it comes to things like scars I'd just wear them and be like hey its ok because they're just part of me kind of thing. I have acne on my chest and back but I don't let it stop me because I love to swim and here's only so much I can do about it.

There are a few things you can do.
Environ do their body oil and hydrating lotion which is excellent at refining the skins texture and improving it's appearance. That will definitely be more effective than otc products. Failing that, you're looking at something a bit more invasive like skin needling which can give great results but isn't much fun. I have pretty horrendous stretch marks from pregnancy but just think of them as my body's story x

I used to use the body oil and lotion actually! I think I need to get some and use it a little more regularly.

They hadn't bothered me until I went on some recent training and a girl recoiled and asked 'what's wrong with your skin'. Hope she doesn't do that to her clients [emoji85] x

I used to use the body oil and lotion actually! I think I need to get some and use it a little more regularly.

They hadn't bothered me until I went on some recent training and a girl recoiled and asked 'what's wrong with your skin'. Hope she doesn't do that to her clients [emoji85] x
Wow top customer care lol.

Let me know if I can help x

Thanks-I'm going to try and book in with you at some
Point this year for an Environ treatment! I love the facials and all my family are in Leicester

Thanks-I'm going to try and book in with you at some
Point this year for an Environ treatment! I love the facials and all my family are in Leicester
Cool x

Dermaroller is supposed to be amazing for scars. I have quite bad scars from cosmetic surgery and bought lots of silicone things, gel & strips-it's what's used on burn victims in hospitals. It's supposed to be really good but I didn't use it long enough to see results. I now use veil camouflage make up which is fab x

If the only person who made a comment was this girl then they can't be that bad, and was probably more of a projection of her own feelings. I would agree with Amandahartly, camouflage makeup would be better for this one off occasion if you are concerned, but might be worth asking your family and friends to see what they think.

If you're up near me at all let me know and we can have a go with some covering make up x

I've been following this thread, I have awful scars from folliculitus, all over my legs.
I've had comments like 'ew is that contagious' 'you should really put some jeans on' and from my best friend 'omg you've got chicken pox'
I have no confidence with bare legs!!

I've been following this thread, I have awful scars from folliculitus, all over my legs.
I've had comments like 'ew is that contagious' 'you should really put some jeans on' and from my best friend 'omg you've got chicken pox'
I have no confidence with bare legs!!

I always think why feel the need to point it out?! My sister and dad have psoriasis and I'll never forget when I was younger on holiday these two girls pointed at their legs laughing and going 'erghhhh'. My sister was in tears. Still makes me mad thinking about it [emoji35] xx

I always think why feel the need to point it out?! My sister and dad have psoriasis and I'll never forget when I was younger on holiday these two girls pointed at their legs laughing and going 'erghhhh'. My sister was in tears. Still makes me mad thinking about it [emoji35] xx
[emoji35] I've been referred to as a 'leper' during a flare up. Horrible people. X

Hi,

For acne scars here are my tips, having used them on clients and seen results:

1. Microdermabrasion - remove the dead skin cells regularly so you can work on your skin properly rather than just moisturizing the dead skin cells

2. i would try radiofrequency or microneedling as a few ladies suggested - i am currently working on a younger guy about 17 who had really bad acne and eczema together and its left his back with a lot of dark scars. I've been using radiofrequency and i've seen a marked improvement, however its taking quite a while and continuous monthly treatments will be needed. I would also give microneedling a go, i've seen it work wonders for marks on the face when done properly - though i would use a dermastamp than a roller.

3. LED light therapy treatments - i suggest this because again tried and tested, the light therapy is non-invasive but it activates processes in the body to start healing its own skin and it also increases the cellular turnover so you see the marks fading quicker.

4. Moisturizing is a good for scars but i would step it up a bit and use an advanced moisturizer or serum like you would on the face to help fade marks, i good affordable one I've used before is 'fade out' you can get it from boots, it helped faded dark marks quickly.

5. Ive read good things about massages also helping to fade scars however i've not tried it, but it works on the basis to increasing blood circulation and oxygenation, and the blood brings nutrients to heal and repair that area of the skin, however its a longer process.

If you combine all the treatments together you'll get some awesome results, in hollywood they call the use of a dermabrasion, radiofrequency and LED therapy together, a triad body facial and Victoria secret models have the treatment before a big show.

Hope this helps, but overall don't get yourself worried about it too much, everyone has some skin problem they're dealing with and people who make comments about it obviously don't know what it feels like! I've had scars on my back before from acne and i used to be really scared to wear strapless tops when i was at college or even a vest top thinking what people would say, so i know where you're coming from!

Best Wishes,
Mel

Can anyone recommend a good LED machine?

Hi,

i can't PM you for some reason, could you just pop me a message.

Thanks
Mel

Hey,

Sorry I can't seem to be able to message you either!

Latest posts

Back