Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hi there,
Just got back from Olympia, bit sad did not have enough time to check out all the stands, nor did I get to see demos of the brisa or creative products it was so packed.

Can any one tell me what they think of millenium products, i know a few have said there tips are ok, just wondered what the view was to the gel and acrylics?

I went to olympia with great intentions of exactly what I was going to buy, I have come back with a load of things I am not overly happy with and didn't get the creative bits and bobs I wanted because they run out :| , was so looking forward to getting a spa manicure kit and the solar oil and solar silk duet pack, and wanted a master series pro styler brush head, but they had none, not even the full brush. feel totaly gutted, hey ho, have to save up again and order direct.

Views on the millenum products would be appreciated

Grace x

Hi

i have only used the tips but i would think they do a trial kit. Something i have learned though and that is you get what you pay for!!!

grace said:
Hi there,
Just got back from Olympia, bit sad did not have enough time to check out all the stands, nor did I get to see demos of the brisa or creative products it was so packed.......
.......I went to olympia with great intentions of exactly what I was going to buy, I have come back with a load of things I am not overly happy with and didn't get the creative bits and bobs I wanted because they run out :| , was so looking forward to getting a spa manicure kit and the solar oil and solar silk duet pack, and wanted a master series pro styler brush head, but they had none, not even the full brush. feel totaly gutted, hey ho, have to save up again and order direct.

Grace x

I too went Monday, I made a beeline for the Brisa stand as soon as I got there. Got one of the last Brisa professional kits, boy was I lucky! Was disappointed witht the Creative stand though, I took my debit and credit cards but didn't spend anything on CND (except for the Brisa Kit) as the shelves were mostly empty and there were no special offers, when I asked if the prices on the goods were the items charged, they said 'no we add VAT' so that made them the same price as the catalogue. I thought I might as well wait until my next order - no point lugging it all around only to save on the P&P! Not doing too well my Brisa Lamp didn't work, I had Linda on one end of the phone at Designer Nails this morning and I was unplugging, plugging back in and resetting but to no avail. The lamp had been indoors overnight too, so had a chance to warm up. Had to send it back today right in the middle of doing my nails - only had the base coat on before it wouldn't stop flickering! (So Mandini, you will have to wait a few days for me to answer your question on white tip technique.)

Met Gina Wallace and had a one to one on my airbrushing technique though - she was so helpful.

But you were right - wasn't it packed - I thought Sunday would be the busiest day - I thought it was last year. Good to meet Sam though.

Hi Kim,

I too bought the Brisa kit and I spent the day switching my lamp on for 4 mins at a time to get it warmed up and it now stays on for the full 2 mins with no flickering - maybe you should have persevered with it. Mine too was in my house since yesterday evening warming up but it obviously needed a bit more time.

The Creative stand is always packed out as so many people can't buy it any other way as they will not do the training.

CND/DN always do special offers on the liquid and powder - I got a Retention+ plus pink and white powders and saved about £60.

I tend to only really buy special offers or enough to save the postage charge - otherwise it costs me money as I don't get my points at the shows.

It is really difficult for all of the companies to know what to bring to the shows - all the Creative Spa Manicure kits sold out but maybe last year it was something else which sold out - how do they know what will be the "flying off the shelf" product LOL.

hey there,
I see i was not the only one then not over the moon with the day. I did get to meet Gina, wow it was cool I did not introduce myself though far to much in ore just shoved my mates hand forward for her nail to get sprayed so I could pick up on some useful tips. I am pleased to say I am doing ok in the airbrush dept as it apears I am doing the same as Gina, few what a relief.

I had a quick glimps of Sam as he was doing a demo, but only just a quick peek because it was packed and I could not get very close, (gutted) really wanted to get my nail done to watch the master in action and again pick up on some tips and techniques but it was not to be.

Anthony Buckley I sat just across from him though, te he and had my nail done by the lady with him, whoops forgot her name but she was absolutly lovely and did a fab job, very pretty - my nail and her, lol.

So although I had a pants day for getting products I wanted etc I did get to rub shoulders with a tiny few stars, lol. It was like being at one of them famous award places looking about for big wigs and i got to see em with my very own eyes, oooow how sad am I.

Grace x

naturalnails said:
Hi Kim,

I too bought the Brisa kit and I spent the day switching my lamp on for 4 mins at a time to get it warmed up and it now stays on for the full 2 mins with no flickering - maybe you should have persevered with it. Mine too was in my house since yesterday evening warming up but it obviously needed a bit more time.
Hi Fiona

Time spent with Linda and time trying soooo hard to get it going and to stay on for the full 2 mins was about 1.5 - 2 hours, even Linda said it must be faulty, I was so gutted, especially as I had started my nails! Still she is hot footing one to me quickly, great service!

Hiya all

I had a great time at olympia on Monday - I met most of the stars - sam and sam and tracey L and fiona and kelly from pamper and polish - it was fab to put faces to names thanks for your time and experience I love you guys - Sorry if I sound like a groupie but well I guess I am........

ooohhhh and I had a good old swoon over Mr Denny ( i know I know - I am sad).

I also am disappointed that they run out of soooo much stuff but hey I am not creative trained yet so I should have gone earlier as this is my only way of getting the goodies.

I am booking my brisa conversion course tomorrow so then I will be able to get the stuff. (oh I can't wait).

I realy upset I didn't get the pro kit - i was told the only thing missing (when you but the two little kits) was the video - but looking at the list on another post it seems you also get a load of files more tips and lots of other stuff - i feel very disappointed - any suggestions as to anything I can do?

hopeful as ever

Jo xxxx

I too have had many problems with my lamp and linda helped me too - it was ok when i spoke to her then low and behold it gone freaky again - i will give it another go tomorrow

SORRY
i also met cathryn100
hi again - don't be afraid to 'speak to us' - nobody on this site bites - well not often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back