Prof Nails-a turnaround!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
Many years ago (late '80's) the 2 trade shows were at Olympia and Brighton. About 5% of the stands were nails. This started growing slowly. Around the same time a 'nails only' mini show was held in a hotel in Earls Court called the Nail Advantage. This has as many as, ooh, probably around 8 stands and held 1 competition during its 1 day duration. This stopped as nails grew bigger at the main shows.

Nails at the beauty shows grew and grew until eventually there was an opportunity for a nail show. Many people thought it wouldn't work because nails wasn't a 'real industry'. But it did and grew. For years nails was a small bit of beauty (and the beauty people looked down on us) now it had it's own show!

I have just got my entry ticket to Prof Nails and, low and behold,what is on the back??!! Beauty seminars and workshops! I haven't seen a stand listing so I must assume beauty stands are there too.

:eek: :eek:

So beauty is now a small bit of nails :D

What a fabulous turn around...woohoo for Nails

Professional Beauty is run concurrently with Prof nails; I believe the nails grew on the back of the beauty exhibition so to speak. However as an indication of just how big nails now are, it is taking up just under half of the exhibition this year.

What's brill is separating the two so you don't have to waste time searching out the stands if you only want one type or the other. Or if you're like me and have a foot in both camps then you'll rush around like a nutter and still not see all you want!

I thought this about the Warpaint make-up artist show earlier this year. On our course we all created & moaned 'cos the beauty therapists were going to this show, & we, the make-up artists, weren't. I went off my own back. When I got there, the beauty part was HUGE, and the make-up artist speciality part was tiny with about 12 stalls! Can't have been bad, though, 'cos it got me into nails (had 1 sample one done and was hooked)!!!

Hiya,

Why has it been that nails were and sometimes are always on the bottom rung of the ladder! For me if my nails are not nice then i dont feel right, i loook after my hair, my skin but most of all my hands, i think hand tell alot about people.

I was exhibiting at the Hair Show at GMex earlier this year and there was alot of catwalk events showing off fab hair and makeup, but guess what their nails were disgusting, some of the models didnt even have a shiny top coat. When i got talking to a spoke person from Schwartscoff (not sure on spelling lol) she said that the budget didnt cover for nails!! if i hadnt have been working i would have offered my services for free, it would have finished the models off!! That's my opinion anyway lol

Amanda

Lily said:
Hiya,

Why has it been that nails were and sometimes are always on the bottom rung of the ladder! For me if my nails are not nice then i dont feel right, i loook after my hair, my skin but most of all my hands, i think hand tell alot about people.

I was exhibiting at the Hair Show at GMex earlier this year and there was alot of catwalk events showing off fab hair and makeup, but guess what their nails were disgusting, some of the models didnt even have a shiny top coat. When i got talking to a spoke person from Schwartscoff (not sure on spelling lol) she said that the budget didnt cover for nails!! if i hadnt have been working i would have offered my services for free, it would have finished the models off!! That's my opinion anyway lol

Amanda
I'll bet if you had, they'd realise what a difference it made & re-book you for next year - with payment!:green:

Latest posts

Back