Prof Peauty Mag Whinge Thread ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello hunny pies,

Well myself and glo had a good old chat about the mag at Olympia and i agree with you all i am so disappointed.

I rushed to the door this morning and ripped it open to see my little pic from birmingham comp in ther and was really gutted to see nothing!!!!!! :cry:

The magazine althought is suppose to have all beauty nails amd spa in it NOTHING stood out to me.

I tell you what i loved was looking at other salon stories, other peoples nail art etc and ther is nothing that really interested me i'm sorry to say.

It sadens me as this mag was fantastic before it change and now all i have to look forward to is scratch ( I LOVE SCRATCH).

Please please change it as i feel you will lloose quite alot of our subscriptions????

i renewed my subscription to professional nails and was not informed of the change / merge with the magazines, the next edition was the first one and i have to say i rang and cancelled my subscription based on what was in the their first one... just waiting for my cheque now ... very very dissapointing

kx

Same as - I've paid for this too...... Well, if it doesn't improve I'm not renewing.....

Anyone else feel like the "poor relative" because of this?
A section for nails would be good but as it is I don't think it feels nice.
I also feel that I made a contract with a mag and they didn't keep their side of the deal.
Don't get me wrong, I won't lose sleep but I still feel annoyed about it.

It's a shame really, all that hard work Kat did seems to have got lost in the new format. She worked so hard at this and got some fab results. We as Nail Technicians felt that we now officailly had that long awaited industry platform. A different ladder with different rungs, now it seems we are back at the bottom of yet another ladder trying to claw our way back up...
I will give it time though and see if our voices are truly heard and again someone will take notice of our ever growing industry. More coverage than what seems to be there now, blink and you miss it. We shouldn't feel like the step sisters of the beauty industry begging and pleading can we please come and play too, we should stand along side it, proud and tall... A place that I feel we have rightly earned, Fashion shows, Professional fotoshoots and Stars galore, they all now want Nails to be the finishing touch, the finishing look..... and we give it to them. So hey what about giving a little back to us in return. How else do we know whats happening in the nail world??? Shows are one option but not all can go? Scratch is now the only true Nail professional media representation but why can't we have more than just one?
So I am for one, waiting with baited breath if we will get what we have been promised

Thats my £10.00 worth, my thoughts aint cheap lol nor is my brand of Voddy xxx

aint read all this post flower, but have to agree with ya, i looked in mine, and thought - yeah - so where are the nails, think i wont be re- subscribing to this when this subs runs out.

I agree to some point but nothing will change if we don't put ideas on how we would like it to be..... Now if after getting our ideas, they choose to ignore our input, then yep I wont be resubscribing either. Technicians that only offer Nails wont find it as informative as the ones that offer a myriad of services. Kat laid the foundations for a fab magazine, so I would say take the best bits from that and incorporate it.

Flicked through it ... briefly - worse than last month - when it comes to Nails.

What a total disappointment !!

Well ... there's still Scratch, Nailpro and Nails (thank goodness).

Is there any way of forwarding all these posts (and previous posts to the Editor perhaps? Actually, I have my copy of Professional beauty here now - I think I will do just that. Will return with details of any reply.

Vicky

HI Glo,

read your thread and have to agree, I remember not so long ago being badgered to sign up for Professional Nails and here we are 4 yrs down the line being sent letters trying to convince us that transferring our subscriptions will benefit us. I read the mag with dismay, no really good features in it about nails. I am seriously considering requesting my subscriptions back because I feel a little betrayed. :irked:

As a beauty therapist love the new style mag, but as a nail tech I don't.

Im just bumping this post back up as we also have another thread going.

I would like to ask all the geeks who took the time to respond to this thread, (thank you) to also add to the new (Professional Beauty needs your stuff") thread. Although all the above is noted, i would like to know if anything has changed, and also what you would to see in the mag to give Laura and Jenni some ideas from the "ground floor".

Your time is much appreciated. Thank you.

I cancelled mine ages ago because for me there in no where near enough nail stuff in there

that will all be changing soon i think xx

Just had some good news that PB are putting together a nail forum group to discuss the PB mag, so they are really trying to make things better for us techs!

Thank you once again for the emails and Pm's. Had some really useful info sent.

Latest posts

Back