Professional advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnaw1510

Reaction score
At the moment I only offer Lash Lifts and am now wanting to train in more.

Would love to be able to go to college but it’s impossible at the moment due to childcare and partner often working away.

Have seen that you can fast track NVQ 2 at Your Beautique Training in Birmingham. Does anyone know if this course is good and thorough and a good starting point, or is fast track training frowned upon? Am I better off doing individual courses?

Grateful for any advice please

I don‘t know too much about this, but I think if you want to get more course, you can first contact the academy and have a talk with them for a better solution according to your situation.

Thanks for you reply
Hoping someone on here has knowledge of fast tack courses and whether they are good enough. Prepared to put the studying hours in, but not sure if Fast tracking is frowned upon when perhaps going onto NVQ 3 (which I should then be in a position to go to a local college).

Judging by feedback it seems that college courses are a bit outdated and as you are already setup in business I think you might benefit more from a course that is suited to what you need. Have a look at the different training providers (depending which course you are looking for) and then you can make a better decision x

Judging by feedback it seems that college courses are a bit outdated and as you are already setup in business I think you might benefit more from a course that is suited to what you need. Have a look at the different training providers (depending which course you are looking for) and then you can make a better decision x

Thanks for that!
Yes, been looking at so many courses. End up confused after a while

One of the things I would like to add in is brows.
In regard to your reply on another thread, did you do the Flirties Precision Brow Training? They seem a very good company. Just wondering how the brow products/tints are? (I use Belmacil for lashes as was trained with that)

Thanks for that!
Yes, been looking at so many courses. End up confused after a while

One of the things I would like to add in is brows.
In regard to your reply on another thread, did you do the Flirties Precision Brow Training? They seem a very good company. Just wondering how the brow products/tints are? (I use Belmacil for lashes as was trained with that)
There is quite a few brands offering precision brow training so it might be worth comparing them and speaking to the trainer near you so that you can get a better feeling for the support you are going to get? It might also help you to see if that is the right course for you or if any other treatment might fit better into your portfolio so that you can cross refer clients and build your business that way?
I have only used Belmacil for a very short time a few years ago so I wouldnt be able to compare the two but if you are happy with Belmacil you could stick with it? x

There is quite a few brands offering precision brow training so it might be worth comparing them and speaking to the trainer near you so that you can get a better feeling for the support you are going to get? It might also help you to see if that is the right course for you or if any other treatment might fit better into your portfolio so that you can cross refer clients and build your business that way?
I have only used Belmacil for a very short time a few years ago so I wouldnt be able to compare the two but if you are happy with Belmacil you could stick with it? x

Ok, thank you! x

At the moment I only offer Lash Lifts and am now wanting to train in more.

Would love to be able to go to college but it’s impossible at the moment due to childcare and partner often working away.

Have seen that you can fast track NVQ 2 at Your Beautique Training in Birmingham. Does anyone know if this course is good and thorough and a good starting point, or is fast track training frowned upon? Am I better off doing individual courses?

Grateful for any advice please

Brows would complement the lash lifts beautifully as it will enhance your before and after photos. I can’t stand taking photos of unkempt brows on my instagram so I always offer a brow service when doing lashes.

Brows would complement the lash lifts beautifully as it will enhance your before and after photos. I can’t stand taking photos of unkempt brows on my instagram so I always offer a brow service when doing lashes.

Agreed!
I’ve been looking at brow courses for sooo long as agree, this is the perfect add on at the moment!

Still confused as to which one to do though. I’m not sure whether to go back to where I trained in Lash Lifts to learn about the same tint (Belmacil), but it would be a 1 day course. Do a Sally’s one which is 2 days which I would prefer (but not sure how good it is as can’t find any reviews), or go all in and do the Flirties precision one

Agreed!
I’ve been looking at brow courses for sooo long as agree, this is the perfect add on at the moment!

Still confused as to which one to do though. I’m not sure whether to go back to where I trained in Lash Lifts to learn about the same tint (Belmacil), but it would be a 1 day course. Do a Sally’s one which is 2 days which I would prefer (but not sure how good it is as can’t find any reviews), or go all in and do the Flirties precision one
I did the flirties precision brow course. There products are great value for money

I did the flirties precision brow course. There products are great value for money

That’s good to know, thank you.
Do you find people ask for the precision brows more than say a wax and tint?

You need to have a brow shaping and tinting qualification which is mapped to national occupation standards as a level 2.
There are lots of providers of level 2 qualifications. You might be able to get this as a lash tinting and brow tinting plus brow shaping qualification.

Lash lifting doesn't have a nos so you can't get a level 2 qualification for this treatment.

For insurance purposes, you'll be able to get insurance with any provider if you have a level 2 qualification and you'll have more limited options if you go for accredited training.

You should also get a level 2 qualification in waxing.

There isn't any need to go to college to obtain these qualifications. Just make sure you get a national vocational qualification.

You need to have a brow shaping and tinting qualification which is mapped to national occupation standards as a level 2.
There are lots of providers of level 2 qualifications. You might be able to get this as a lash tinting and brow tinting plus brow shaping qualification.

Lash lifting doesn't have a nos so you can't get a level 2 qualification for this treatment.

For insurance purposes, you'll be able to get insurance with any provider if you have a level 2 qualification and you'll have more limited options if you go for accredited training.

You should also get a level 2 qualification in waxing.

There isn't any need to go to college to obtain these qualifications. Just make sure you get a national vocational qualification.

When I’ve been looking at level 2 Lash and brow tinting, they don’t seem to include waxing the brows which is what I wanted. Unless I’m looking in the wrong places x

When I’ve been looking at level 2 Lash and brow tinting, they don’t seem to include waxing the brows which is what I wanted. Unless I’m looking in the wrong places x

Waxing is a separate qualification. However, it's unusual not to teach brow shaping with wax as well as tweezers. It would be worth checking - it's the sort of thing that might not be mentioned because it's so "obvious".

Waxing is a separate qualification. However, it's unusual not to teach brow shaping with wax as well as tweezers. It would be worth checking - it's the sort of thing that might not be mentioned because it's so "obvious".

Ah ok. Thank you!

Im interested in know about the birmingham course also. I wonder if insurance companies will take on this type of course although its VTCT?? Anyone know - im interested in going on to do level 3 facials and would like to over more complex body and facial treatments from home.

Latest posts

Back