Professional Beauty 2010 Manchester!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkleJeanie

Reaction score
Last year there was so much chit chat about the Manchester show and this year nothing. Why???
I went last year for the very first time and thought it was great, i then went to the Beauty UK in Birmingham which again was good but more like a glorified market not so "Professional".
I will be going to Manchester again this year as hoping to pick up a few things to see me through the christmas season. Hope many other geeks will be there too.

I'm going, looking forward to meeting the team from Nail Harmony. Also spending lots of money :) got my shopping list..xx

I am going to take a run over next week and have a look. I hope it is better than the one at Olympia a couple weeks back, that was disappointing.

il be attending for the 3rd year i just got my booklet the other day and theres some good deals in it

I'm going also, love it there, tho some years are better than others. Never missed a year since I started in the beauty industry:)

I am going to take a run over next week and have a look. I hope it is better than the one at Olympia a couple weeks back, that was disappointing.

Blimey, its a long way to come from Florida for two UK shows!

They are not a patch on the US shows imo.

I will be going but won't really be buying very much, a couple of bits from Young Nails and some EOs but that's it really.

Blimey, its a long way to come from Florida for two UK shows!

They are not a patch on the US shows imo.

I will be going but won't really be buying very much, a couple of bits from Young Nails and some EOs but that's it really.

:lol: God I would have been devestated had I come just for the shows! I am just home visiting family for a few weeks, so just thought I would have a look at the shows. I am not the average everything is better in America as we often hear, as I am Glasgow born and bred but this is one area it is definately better in the US.

You are absolutely right about the US shows. I live just outside Orlando so am so lucky that the huge shows come to the Orange County Convention Centre. My favourite is the Premier, the first time I went I was literally blown away and two days wasn't enough. The education was first class also. I got round Olympia in about 90 minutes including purchases and found it a bit "markety".

Saying all that it's a day out to Manchester and I am sure I will find something that sparks an interest.

Last edited:
Anyone been over at the show today,? Was it any good? I am still debating whether to go in the morning?

I went to the show today, admittedly I didn';t go last year, but it wasn't a patch on previous years shows, the stands were smaller, there were less exhibiters, so much so that everything was in one hall. I had a good day and bought a couple of things, but all in all I was not too impressed with it.

I too was disappointed with the turn out of stands. Me and my frien had a good day, i spent a little, it is usually alot!!

Well here goes....trip report! Decided to go over just for the afternoon.

It was actually much better than Olympia, which surprised me. Much more organised with banks and banks of computers to log in to get your badge if you didn't have one, I think at Olympia there were only 3 with huge queues to get to them. Plenty of seating, at Olympia everyone was sitting on the floor and on staricases to eat etc..

On the floor, yes a few notable names were missing but there were way more stands than at Olympia and it just had a better feel to it but way way lacking compared to the US shows.

You couldn't move for students of course with it being a "school" day. and that got a bit annoying at times as it got very bottle necked but once they thinned out it was better and you could get to the stands.

Nothing was particularly cheap and not a lot of bargains or samples.

Some of the talks on the main stage were not too bad but would I go to either shows again if I was in the country, probably not.

Latest posts

Back