Professional Beauty goes .... well Professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to olympia this year and despite it sayng there would be no kids etc there were buggies coming out of my ears and I neither have, want or like kids so I was not impressed! However I haven't been to proffessional beauty before is it better generally than olympia or not do you think? Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I am more than happy to pay the small sum of £10 if it keeps out the shoppers & pushchairs. I value the show very much as it gives me the chance to speak to potential suppliers and to view products & services although it's often an epic battle to get through the crowds & sometimes I just get cheesed off & go home before I have achieved everything that I want to. I did go this year and agree that it was pants on the offers front although I'm looking forward to a more professional show next year.

Hope to see all you guy's there :hug:

I think that for a long time we have been spoilt with no entry free to the show's, so I'm not that surprised at the charge. This is £10 (£20 after 1st Jan) charge that allows you to get into an event full of most of the industries biggest names and suppliers, you can find out what is new, whats in and whats out and importantly directly compare products.

I'm really interested to see what happens and how the show is different.

I think that for a long time we have been spoilt with no entry free to the show's, so I'm not that surprised at the charge. This is £10 (£20 after 1st Jan) charge that allows you to get into an event full of most of the industries biggest names and suppliers, you can find out what is new, whats in and whats out and importantly directly compare products.

I'm really interested to see what happens and how the show is different.

Do you think with all the cash that will be raked in on the entry fee they may charge less per sq meter on the floor space???

No I doubt it either! :rolleyes:

Do you think with all the cash that will be raked in on the entry fee they may charge less per sq meter on the floor space???

No I doubt it either! :rolleyes:

Haha :lol::lol: Good point Sam!!! :lol::lol:

I don't really understand the point of the fee. Surely the easiest way to keep it professional only would be to check qualifications at the door.

I don't really understand the point of the fee. Surely the easiest way to keep it professional only would be to check qualifications at the door.

Yes, or have to attach a scan of a certificate to your online application for tickets

Yes, or have to attach a scan of a certificate to your online application for tickets

can you imagine the man hours that would take to keep up with?!

can you imagine the man hours that would take to keep up with?!

I don't understand how paying £10 will keep out unqualified people. If unqualified people want to go to an event such as this, they'll pay the entry fee. As to buggies and babies, it is the organisers that let them in, even though it usually states that children will not be allowed entry. They should be much stricter with this and enforce their own rules.

I don't think charging is the way to carry out this, but there would need to be some way of checking that people are qualified. Are they going to be checking qualifications at the door? If so, this way would cut down the queues to get in. All it would need would be a quick glance at the scan (or photocopy for postal applications) before approval of the ticket. Next year they wouldn't have to check people already "approved", as they would already be in the "approved" group.

I'm honestly not trying to cause an argument here, just taking part in the debate about how to ensure these events are kept professional. :hug:

I don't understand how paying £10 will keep out unqualified people. If unqualified people want to go to an event such as this, they'll pay the entry fee. As to buggies and babies, it is the organisers that let them in, even though it usually states that children will not be allowed entry. They should be much stricter with this and enforce their own rules.

I don't think charging is the way to carry out this, but there would need to be some way of checking that people are qualified. Are they going to be checking qualifications at the door? If so, this way would cut down the queues to get in. All it would need would be a quick glance at the scan (or photocopy for postal applications) before approval of the ticket. Next year they wouldn't have to check people already "approved", as they would already be in the "approved" group.

I'm honestly not trying to cause an argument here, just taking part in the debate about how to ensure these events are kept professional. :hug:

I actually think this is quite a good idea. Yes, it will take longer the first time but then at least in subsequent shows it would cut the time in half. :)

I rember reading a thread some time back about ID cards for mobile techs to wear on their lapel etc. This would be an idea for the future if they were issued to those who pass exams etc if the college, company you train with has to enter you on a data base for the uk. It could be used to prove entry to the shows or the trade or another course. Just saying this because how can you prove anything from a certificate, when lots of certificates can be copied and reproduced from fancy software on you own PC these days. A flash of a piece of paper doesn't prove its true or yours.

As far as the shows trying to be professional only, I agree, but I think it is going to be a big job for them and hard to keep out Jo Blogs (so you cant take your sister or mum anymore, (not that I did lol haven't got a sister and my mum us 80)) I look forward to the New London show and the outcome.

As ANT has ceased and I was a member, my letter stated we will get free entry to this next show. Thank you ANT.

I used to get free tickets from my suppliers will this not happen now?

becki xxx

I used to get free tickets from my suppliers will this not happen now?

becki xxx

I guess it really depends on the suppliers who are attending!:idea:

lol fingers crossed :!:

As i recall last year, lots of members of the public were coming in from the baby show that was also on in excel - hence the £40 on the door should deter these people.

I am going along this year as i enjoy the day out, looking at new products and i mainly go for the workshops.:)

so you cant take your sister or mum anymore

This is a point actually - I used to take my mum along with me as she used to love having a look at the stuff with me. She would never come on her own but it was nice to have her opinion about certain things. So what happens if you have no-one to go with - have you got to be a billy no-mates??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is a point actually - I used to take my mum along with me as she used to love having a look at the stuff with me. She would never come on her own but it was nice to have her opinion about certain things. So what happens if you have no-one to go with - have you got to be a billy no-mates??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You'll never be billy no-mates Kelly - you are too much of a social butterfly xxx:hug::)

Haha, Hi Chris!!!

Erm...not too sure about social butterfly but if I can't take good ol' mum does anyone wanna be my friend coming from Essex??!!!!! :hug:

I have just finished organising the Professional Beauty Masterclasses line up for Excel in March. We have some of the top names in the industry covering a massive range of subjects to suit from natural to extensions, nail art and health and safety. Im sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

The full line up will be on the PB website very soon, but as a little taster we have Sam and GiGi with MINX!

AND.................................NEW at PB................................

“Get Interactive with the experts at Professional Beauty!”

Professional Beauty are delighted to announce that for the first time nail technicians and beauty therapists can get interactive with some of the top nail experts in the industry! Different hands on workshops offering you the chance to extend your skills and talents in a new direction. From using an electric nail file and reverse application technique with Young Nails, to creating the perfect sculpts and nail designs with the EZ Flow team, who are also on hand to solve all your nail problems in their nail surgery! So, come and get interactive from some great icons of the nail industry!

And its all FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Haha, Hi Chris!!!

Erm...not too sure about social butterfly but if I can't take good ol' mum does anyone wanna be my friend coming from Essex??!!!!! :hug:

Kelly - im definately going...not sure if by train or car yet!:)

Latest posts

Back