Professional Beauty goes .... well Professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it'll be worthwhile, I've already got my ticket! xx

Well I just booked my ticket. I think the workshops and seminar type thingys are worth the money on their own. The show is a bonus!

PS TRADERS - Give us more deals please! I seem to remember going to a couple of shows when I was at college in 2003-4 and lots of the stalls were selling things cheaper or VAT free. Certainly much better deals than this year's show.

Talking about the billy no mates bit, that's my favourite bit. I love going to the shows and things by myself. I can look at what I like when I like and for as long as I like. I like shopping by myself for the same reason. Perhaps I will be a hermit when I grow up! Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I wasn't at all impressed with Professional Beauty 2008. There were very few of the exhibitors I was expecting and as I went on the last day, most people had sold out of everything, so I couldn't even make the most of the few special offers.

As I remember it, the show was packed with teenagers/beauty students rather than buggies!

Parking at Excel was a nightmare, as they have changed it to pay and display, rather than pay on exit. I wasn't expecting this and wasn't prepared by carrying lots of change. Spent the day clock watching trying to make sure I wasn't running out of time at the meter. The cash machines had run out of cash as well :-(
I was told to walk to some hotel 20 minutes away to get money out (yep, like I had paid a fortune in parking to walk around trying to find a cash machine). I suppose this was down to Excel rather than the professional beauty organisers, but still not great.

Saying all that :confused:, I am going to try again next year (because of the ticket sales) but I will definitely not go again if it turns out like the 2008 saga.

Hmm, is anyone else wondering if ticket sales haven't been what they hoped for / expected?

The original deal was £10 before end of December, then £20 and then £40 on the day. So far since I have had a mailed flyer offering me a £10 discount code, the last issue of Pro Beauty had a £10 discount on the front and today I received a mailing with with the Show Preview Guide and another £10 discount!

Almost starting to sound desperate to me.

Mat

So far I've had emails and letters BEGGING me to go at a discounted rate....no offense I just can't afford to go but to me it SCREAMS lack of entrants.
I hope it's not the case but I'm starting to wonder tbh.

The list of exhibitors looks a bit dissapointing ! It looks like there are less big names than last year !!!

There are hardly any big skincare companies listed and I don't think Jessica nails are on there either and I have never known them not be at pro beauty.

If I was going then I would be annoyed if Id had to pay for a ticket as I think the list is possibly one of the worst yet !!

Thankfully my ticket wa free via Eve Taylor but I'm still looking forward to going and who knows, if there aren't a many people there then at least I'll get a good seat for the master classes!:green:

I've just been offered a free ticket through Thalgo but I already bought mine in Nov/Dec can't remember which but at least it was only a tenner and I didn't risk leaving it until now and ending up paying much more. I quite like the fact that they sound desperate cos as Pure points out at least we can see in the master classes and perhaps we will be able to get to the stands. I hate only being able to see ppl's backs, especially as I am 5'1" and I very often only see backs, not even backs of heads! And I can never reach anything! Lol Lx

Just to let you know Jessica Nail will be there. The company name is Gerrard International. They are also offering a free nail masterclass at 10.30am on the Sunday morning, great way to start the day!

The full list is the the show preview or on the PB website.

HTH!

TBH i have to say i am not going to visit all the stands that are going to be there just a select few, i am mainly going to see the masterclasses as i like the look of them...and to have a pog at the comps in action.
From my understanding of it all the charge for getting in i thought was to stop the general public from getting in on the day...not the professionals. And the offers for cheaper tickets are being sent to those who work in the industry...surely that is a good thing that the cost is being kept low for us. I only go to a show once a year...so i am hoping that it is gonna be good.

well I wasnt offered a discounted rate, I have just paid £20.00:eek:

hi
I know this is cheeky but does any one have a discount code for on line ticket booking for the show?
It just means I could spend more in there.

hi
I know this is cheeky but does any one have a discount code for on line ticket booking for the show?

I don't think that there are discount codes as such. I got my free ticket as an invite from my skincare supplier.

hi

if you are on facebook ....go onto the facebook group for pro beauty

just to let you know if you book a proffesional beauty ticket, they are now offering after checkout to take a collegue for free.
:)

Now I'm not one to generally have a moan but I bought my ticket last year to qualify for the £10.00 discounted rate (which I don't feel is a lot of money for a valuable day out).

However in the last few weeks I have been bombarded with FREE ticket offers from everywhere, my skincare supplier, salon essentials suppliers, even companies that I don't deal with but I'm just on their mailing list.

As mentioned on this thread before it does seem a like the uptake has been a little slow and they are now getting a bit desperate but it seems like the majority of people there will not have paid anyway.

NEXT YEAR (if I go) I'm not paying a bean - end of.

P.S. Funny enough as I write this I have just clocked the banner across the page 'Free tickets to Professional Beauty London up for grabs'

as a relative newbie to the industry - I will be attending this as my first show (awww)....looking forward to meeting people I have been chatting to for months :)

Now I'm not one to generally have a moan but I bought my ticket last year to qualify for the £10.00 discounted rate (which I don't feel is a lot of money for a valuable day out).

However in the last few weeks I have been bombarded with FREE ticket offers from everywhere, my skincare supplier, salon essentials suppliers, even companies that I don't deal with but I'm just on their mailing list.

As mentioned on this thread before it does seem a like the uptake has been a little slow and they are now getting a bit desperate but it seems like the majority of people there will not have paid anyway.

NEXT YEAR (if I go) I'm not paying a bean - end of.

P.S. Funny enough as I write this I have just clocked the banner across the page 'Free tickets to Professional Beauty London up for grabs'

exactly the same here. I booked to get the early bird £10 ticket, and am also now bombarded with offers of either £10 or free tickets. And now I got an email that if I book now, I'll get ticket for £10 and also the possibility of winning in a prize draw.

Certainly won't be booking early next time, if at all! (also just noticed that the baby show is also on there on Sunday, will be interesting to see if any pushchairs DO get in my way inside the beauty show! Had a lot of this last time I went and the baby show was on.....)

I'm also a bit peeved that the masterclasses I want are all on the same day, Tuesday, which is the only day I can't go. I'm wondering if Tuesday is the quiet day, so they booked the most popular classes on that day to get people in?

Latest posts

Back