Professional curly hair products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemouse

Reaction score
Hi Hair geeks,
Im not a hair geek and do not profess to be one.Im a curly haired girly that seems to battle with her hair! Ive never been able to find a salon that knows how to deal with curly hair,for this reason Im a salon hopper and product whore! I usually keep my hair straightened as its easier to deal with.Ive read the other threads on curly hair but they do not relate to my hair,its coarse and very thick,Im currently midlength,choppy with short layers at the top.Help!!
xx:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend professional products for curly hair?I've tried the curls rock tigi, but found it made my hair a bit crispy!

Hi , do you want to keep it curly and encourage the curls or would you consider getting it permanently straightened ?:hug:

I want to encourage the curls Minky

Hi , do you want to keep it curly and encourage the curls or would you consider getting it permanently straightened ?:hug:

Hi firemouse , (thats a cool name by the way ) I love loreal products which
makes the hair nice and soft and silky these are available at salons .

Also Wella and salonlines stock some great proucts for curly hair . :hug: x
some other nice curly haired geeks may post about some more they know about too .:hug:

Cheers Minky xx

Hi firemouse , (thats a cool name by the way ) I love loreal products which
makes the hair nice and soft and silky these are available at salons .

Also Wella and salonlines stock some great proucts for curly hair . :hug: x
some other nice curly haired geeks may post about some more they know about too .:hug:

I'll second the Loreal or coarse curly hair!! If you can get the Liss Extreme or Shine curl, they are unbelievable for managing curl.

Redkin have a range, i think it might be 'fresh curls' that is nice, i think the loreal is better tho...

my hairdressing tutor at college has curly hair and she said if you get a hair mousse (for curly hair) and add just the tiniest bit of hair conditioner to the mouse her curls look fabulous, not crunchy nicely seperated and the curl looks amazing...hth
also clynol do a cream for curls called swirl, it gives the curl definition and lasting curls

Is there any other products apart from L'oreal that I coule use(Im against their policies).?
xx

Try a tiny bit of pomade throu the ends and on the fluff - aveda do a good one that encourages you hair to absorb moisture - but its expensive ( all that enviromently sound reserch costs) or what i find good is a fibre putty mixed in your hand with some leave in conditioner , that makes it bouncy not frizzy and not knotty or hard .

Hi, i'm not a hair geek, but have got VERY curly hair, long ringlets, getting almost to my bra strap!

Best thing i've found is.......start with a decent shampoo, never used one for curly hair, more just for dry or coarse, then a really good conditioner, and i brush mine thru, only time a brush ever gets near it!....then a serum, my fav is Goldwell Kerasilk, then i use and extreme hold mousse, again a Goldwell Trendline...tho they have discontinued my fav....., only thing that keeps it together, never goes cruchy at all, then i finish with a gel spray..Osis Freeze pump is my fav...i know it sounds a lot, but i've worked in the business for years, and have tried every professional curly thing going.....lol

hope it helps.....oh, and i dry upside down with a difusser, whole lot takes 25 mins......

kel.x

Aveda do a good shampoo, and conditioner for curly hair called be curly, which is plant and flower based.

Thank's guy's for all your fab recommendations.
xx :)

Latest posts

Back