Professional Nails chat room: 2005... how was it for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I've been having a think about a question to pose for this month's chat room piece in Professional Nails magazine and as it's for the December issue, I'm doing my best to avoid all the obvious Christmas/New Year resolution type questions. So, instead, I thought it might be cool to ask you guys how 2005 was for you?

Has the year been defined by a particular event... what really sticks out in your mind as you look back over the year? Maybe this was the year you took yourself to the next level or opened your own business; or maybe this has been a year best forgotten and you can't wait for new beginnings in 2006. Whatever your thoughts, I'd love to hear them and print them in the mag.

Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] if my inbox is full.

As always, please can you include your full name and business name to any post you make if you want your comments published in the mag.

Thanks so much and have a lovely weekend!!

Kat
xxx

Editor
Professional Nails

For me this year to begin with was a difficult one. I had my Gran and Nan pass away within a couple of months of each other. I had a crisis of confidence with my nails as couldn't seem to attract regular clients. We always blame ourselves for any problems, despite the fact our own nails are fine. Then, my mate Caz and friends on the Geek helped me and gave me a boost. I posted cards through doors and have some regulars now. I did my EZ Flow conversion in October and seem to have found the thrill i had always had back again with a vengeance.

I am now looking forward to 2006 with a new found enthusiasm, knowing i will make it work and even want to think about competeing.

Wendy Whitehead

Simply Nails

2005 for me has been an "everything seamed to click" year.
after doing my ezflow conversion with anthony buckley at bolton it has made me hungry for the nail industry. i have reached a point where i can think, yes my nail enhancements are "ok".
ok i have alot more to learn i am just starting climbing on the ladder but this year i have actually reached that ladder to climb.
my business is doing well, i am managing to juggle my 3 boys and my business.
i have attended more trade shows this year and met so many nail technicians who are truly passionate and talented and this year i have felt very lucky to be part of such a special industry.
this year has made me obsessed with nails and taught me to put this passion in the forefront of my life.
cant wait for 2006

I decided at the begining of the year to convert to creative and then 5 months down th line thought my nails are pants I am going back to the begining. I worked my socks off on my manicures and pedicures training every week, training with some of the industry greats and getting loads of invaluable advice. I entered my first competitions and managed to bring home a trophy in october. I was turned down for a geat job had to turn down another great job (pig sick about that one lol) and gone into a new salon where early days are showing positive feedback.
So this year has been up and down but on the whole very positive even at the dodgy moments.

This year has been great where nails are concerned, i found this site, and have started my NVQ which has made me really happy. Although the course is stressfull, every week I go I am 1 step closer to my dream x

Well I was so happy to have found this site this year! as I was feeling very low and alone after doing a 4 day course last year and not knowing very much at all.

After finding the site I also found Liz who I went on and did a Ezflow 3 day L&P course with which I loved.

Now I am trying hard to get better and I hope in 2006 I will do a few more courses and also start to get some clients.

I hope this time next year I am still around on this site and writing a lot more, also be a lot more positive of where this is all going.

Caz xxx

well 2005 for me was pants

i closed my salon in march and had break from nails but soon came boucing back but just do nails from home an a few mobile

but not settled and happy with my home life i.e . relationship sepearted from my partner last year due to the salon as i it over took my life

so cant say its been too good for me. roll on next year see what that brings.

haylznailz:(

Its been a rollar coaster of a year for me. Every day throws up something new (and thats not from the hangover!) I opened the new salon in April and things are ticking over nicely. This year has taught me more than ever that you can never stop learning. I did my NVQ units, started work with the ANT and competitions and even went on a manicure course. This industry is a big one, and being a nail tech is just the start of it. The possibilities are endless, you just have to go and find them.

This year for me has been a sole serching time. After giving up full time work and getting used to becoming a first time mum, I had to get to know my littel bundle of joy,( and loving every moment, but not all easy might i add ). With this time at home I found that life was too short to get stressed over work that really doesnt matter, and you dont realy enjoy. So I dacided to totaly re-train in something more for filling and fun, so then came across nails and nail art which at first is something I never thought would intrest me. So I enroled in a home study course and Im loving it. Its totaly different to what iI did before and I can work it round caring for my little girl. And finding this web sight has helped me find like minded people who are very helpfull, and some also in the same boat which is very reashuring.

Latest posts

Back