Professional Nails: Geek names - how did you choose yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hola geeks...

I've noticed that, unlike Miss Unoriginal Me who could only muster using my real name as my geeky member name, loads of you have some rather cool Geek names. So for this month's poll in Professional Nails mag I thought it'd be quite sweet to find out how you lot came up with them. So this month's pause for thought is:

* How did you come up with your Geek name and why did you choose it?

As usual please can you add your FULL NAME and BUSINESS NAME to any posts/pms you write so that I can publish them in the July issue.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Ta muchly...

Kat
xxx

Editor
Professional Nails

Hi Kat,

Me too a bit unoriginal LOL - my business name is Natural Nails by Fiona so it made sense to be Naturalnails - simple LOL.

I am another one! :rolleyes:

My business name is Charisma nails and beauty, but didn't think it was Geeky enough initially!

I just love some of these Geeky name's on here!!!!!!

All i can say is .........Christi Boring!!!!!!!! :zzz:

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxx

Hi,

I came up with the user name Glittergirl because i love glitter top coat on a French base i always talk clients into having it and I'm a girl (not that you'd think it some mornings!) so Glittergirl seemed like a good idea.

Jodie Queeley-Connor
Dazzling Digits
Nail Enhancements

I'm Red Admiral as my name is Vannessa and a group of Red admiral butterflies are called Vanessa. Used to be the business name until I found out it was taken.................not by butterfly lovers but by a fighter plane company that do designs in the sky!
I'm now NailSparkle! as magpiesloveshinythings wasnt available :D !

Vannessa Palmer
NailSparkle

Trinity Nails is my business name :D

Trinity came about because my husband and I got married on 3/3/3 at 3pm, we were both 33 years old at the time, my engagement (& eternity ring) has 3 diamonds in it, and my birthday all adds up to 3 :D

I think 3 is my lucky number :wink2:

Three Nails didn't sound right
Triple Nails didn't sound right
Treble Nails didn't sound right
But Trinity Nails sounded fab :D :lol:

Trin
xx

My business name was foxy nails and my husband said more like scattyfox than foxy, so scattyfox it is.
x

Hi Kat,

My Business name is The Beauty Preference and my full name is Rose Timms. I came up with Rose143 because my boyfriend and I use the code 143 for meaning "I Love You", it's our little thing we share that is very close to my heart as is this site.

xxxx

What a cool idea Kat.

On another board many many many years ago - I went by the name SpunkA because I thought I was a bit FunkA. Eventually I was somehow dubbed Dr. Spunk by some.

Well - When I started travelling internationally I quickly discovered (after introducing myself to a bunch of soon to be English Booties) that the name SpunkA just isn't that FunkA outside of the states.

Luckily - people also would sometimes refer to me as that 'nail nerd' or that 'nail geek'. Since then - its just been Nail Geek.

I would hate to think of what all the geeks and geekettes would have been called if I was still the nail spunk.

O those were the days. This is when I really established my pseudonym.

nJoy

Hi Kat!

What a great idea....

I wanted my salon to have a 'zen' like feel, you know, oriental, then I remembered Monkey, the series on the tv that peeps of my age+ (32) would remember (don't y'all act like you don't know what I'm talking about 'cause I know you used to watch it!!).

So there was born Monkey, but of course that doesn't sound right and my cousin then told me that Monkeystails is cockney rhyming slang for nails!!
MONKEYSTAILS=NAILS!!
So there you are!

Georgie Smedley

Well Nails in London is my business name as I am in London lol and it is also my web site addy, so it only seemed right to use it as my geeky name............ as there are two of us in Nails in London , we choose 1 and 2 behind our geek names..........
So I am Nailsinlondon1 and Faye is nailsinlondon2 ..................

My name is Gigi (pronounced the French way as in jshi jshi ).

My family all call me Gig (pronunced the French way as in jshijsh !!!

I wanted to be gig or geeg to my Geek family too.

Hi there,

Smiler - came about because loads of people said i'm always smiling.
13 - yrs, that was my Daughters age,
33 - yrs, my age,
4 - mths, my Sons age.

That was three years ago - They do say 'time flies when your having fun' and we certainly have alot of that here!!

Well I decided on Vetty because that is what my husband and close friends call me as an abbreviation of Yvette...... It is also what the 'V' stands for in my business name of V Nails. I do like things to means something!!

Yvette Willis
V Nails

Mines quite simple really..

Jac coz my name is Jacqui, but everyone calls me Jac and extreme coz my buisness is called Extreme Nails.

Jacqui Townsend

Extreme Nails

Well I picked mine in a rush...thinking...

"oh no not another user name I am going to forget by tommorrow"

So I picked a name similar to my email addressname which is
BoogieWonderAnge...so I picked Wondernail.

Thankfully i am on this site that often I have not forgotten the name yet!!!

mine came about as im always acting daft when i go out with the girls, and they kept telling me "to grow up" in the nicest way of course. I DONT WANT TO GROW UP (just like peter pan). so the name stuck. when my mates introduce me to their mates i get introduced as "the girl who refuses to grow up"

glynis allen
CND Master Technician
Fingerz 'n' Toez

Well my user name is my nickname that I have had forever now, All my family call me Lell and when people say my real name which is Lesley I don't listen lol
My business name is simply NICERNAILS It simple and gets what I do across very easily.

NicerNails
By Lell

My partner told me he didnt like my long natural nails when we first met, said he thought women with really long nails looked 'cheap'. :eek:
I used to tease him and say 'watch out for my whores claws'.
Stuck for a name when I first joined the site, Whoresclaws kept coming to mind... probably wouldnt have created a very good impression though so I shortened my name (Gloria) and added Claws!
Btw, there was a thread on this sometime back which may be of interest to you .....
http://www.samuelsweet.com/showthread.php?t=7678&highlight=site+names

Hi

I'm called Wobbly, cos i'm wobbly all over and my kids say that i throw a wobbly, when i tell them off!!! (Little darlings - not):irked:
My business name is Nailed!, cos i'm a bit of a perfectionist and only let clients go when their hands are Nailed! to perfection!! lol!

Latest posts

Back