Professional Nails March - The customer's always right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks to all those who've provided answers to my post about Olympia - it's nice to hear that so many of you (and hubbies too) will all be trotting along - hope to see you all there.

Anyway, for my usual monthly muse, I thought I'd find out how you all deal with customers who complain.

All techs are bound to come across a client, who, whether rightly or wrongly and for whatever reasons, feels that haven't got the best out of you.

How do you deal with them to ensure they keep coming back?

As usual, I want to print as many answers as possbile in the March issue of the mag, so please can you include your full name and business/salon name to the end of any comments.

Thanks very much...

Kat
xxx
Professional Nails

hi

i have a customer who originally came to me about two years ago .she was originally from manchester and had been wearing enhancements for some time ,she had recently moved to my area and had found it difficult to find a tech who did l&p.when she came to me her nails were in a bit of a mess and so i refused to apply a new set until her nails were in better condition ...she moaned a little but started a course of treatments for her nails ...which she came to regurlarly .after a couple of months i applied a new set and then never saw her for five weeks ..whereon she came and complained that she had lost two nails:eek: ..i explained that to ensure her nails stayed on she had to come to regular appointments ,she did complain rather loudly but i stuck to my guns and refused to repair /infill for free..finally she made an appointment and her nails were infilled and repaired (at her cost ) since then she has become a loyal customer and a good friend:biggrin: ..but still she can ocassionally go too long inbetween appointments..but hey you can't win them all:rolleyes:
regards
debbie
debbies world of nails
swansea

Kathryn said:
Hi all

Thanks to all those who've provided answers to my post about Olympia - it's nice to hear that so many of you (and hubbies too) will all be trotting along - hope to see you all there.

Anyway, for my usual monthly muse, I thought I'd find out how you all deal with customers who complain.

All techs are bound to come across a client, who, whether rightly or wrongly and for whatever reasons, feels that haven't got the best out of you.

How do you deal with them to ensure they keep coming back?

As usual, I want to print as many answers as possbile in the March issue of the mag, so please can you include your full name and business/salon name to the end of any comments.

Thanks very much...

Kat
xxx
Professional Nails
If a client feels they have a reason to complain, then the right or wrong is a secondary issue, it is how you handle it that is the first important issue........
It only takes 15 seconds to make an impression on someone.....and this will form the clients attitude towards you......
Use this time , to smile and reassure the client ,that you will solve the problem..........
It is very hard to be irrate at some one ,if they are greeted with a smile and sympathetic attitude..............Do this and you are half way there..........

If it is down to you............don't argue with, them fix it without a major dicussion.........
This way they will feel, that you actually care about them and your job, that in turn will make them come back to you..........They will find you approachable, positive and a pleasure to deal with............and that is what will stick in their mind, the reason they came in the first place, is now secondary.........

Ok if it isn't your fault.........ok don't go over the top and make them feel stupid............. Explain the reason why this has happend....Offer advice on how to prevent this from happening again.......
fix it........during this time......... ask them if they have any other questions they might want to ask you ????
This approache shows the client you know your job, this in turn will install faith in your abilities........ They will come back............

Remember.keep cool, keep calm, keep smiling...............but your thoughts are your own !!!!!!!!!!!!! But let them be just that............you can always run to the other room venting after the client has gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth Fordham
CND Technician
Nails in London
London UK

Good consultation tecnique and after care advice should prevent problems occuring, but in the unlikely event of a complaint we have developed a company policy to ensure all complaints are dealt with as we would like them dealt with. This is to protect our company name as well as the technician's individual reputation. Firstly I would listen to what the customer has to say, and then tell them that I was sorry that they were unhappy and would do whatever was in my power to put things right. Whether they are right or wrong, unhappy customers can damage reputations. I feel it is important that I thank them for giving me the opportunity to put things right. I would then ask them to tell me what they would like me to do to resolve the problem and then fulfill their request - even going one step further such as a free extra at their next appointment (encouraging them to return). Then I would talk with them about how I was going to ensure the problem did not happen again (this keeps them happy and ensures they don't abuse your generosity). Finally I would ask them if they felt I had handled the situation appropriately and that they were now happy and satisfied.

Fenella Oatley
Perfect Ten
Cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back