Professional Nails rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Jo

Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna rant now about something! I gave them their chance and they still didn't come up with the goods so here goes... I subscribed to Prof Nails in July 2003, great, received monthly right up until we moved in January, I called the subscription office a couple of days after we moved but no mag arrived.... so I called again and was sent a copy by normal post. But then still no monthly mag appeared. In May we moved again so once again I called and informed the subscription office of our new address. Still no monthly magazines arrived, so by now I'm missing Feb, March, April and May. At the end of June I called once more to be told the mags had been sent back as a non delivery, but to my old old address, even though I had given them my new addresses.... so I had a bit of a barny with a 'lady' who simply just wanted to argue and not perform good customer service (in my opinion) but a resolution was made that back copies would be sent to my current address....well.... I received the June issue and.. guess what... thats right, no more copies atall! no back copies or anything! I've now given up and subscribed to Scratch, which thankfully HAS arrived on time! I think it's rubbish to take someones money and not deliver the goods and have absolutely no desire whatsoever to rectify this situation. Miffed.... extremely miffed! J xx

Jo Jo said:
Ok, I'm gonna rant now about something! I gave them their chance and they still didn't come up with the goods so here goes... I subscribed to Prof Nails in July 2003, great, received monthly right up until we moved in January, I called the subscription office a couple of days after we moved but no mag arrived.... so I called again and was sent a copy by normal post. But then still no monthly mag appeared. In May we moved again so once again I called and informed the subscription office of our new address. Still no monthly magazines arrived, so by now I'm missing Feb, March, April and May. At the end of June I called once more to be told the mags had been sent back as a non delivery, but to my old old address, even though I had given them my new addresses.... so I had a bit of a barny with a 'lady' who simply just wanted to argue and not perform good customer service (in my opinion) but a resolution was made that back copies would be sent to my current address....well.... I received the June issue and.. guess what... thats right, no more copies atall! no back copies or anything! I've now given up and subscribed to Scratch, which thankfully HAS arrived on time! I think it's rubbish to take someones money and not deliver the goods and have absolutely no desire whatsoever to rectify this situation. Miffed.... extremely miffed! J xx
Its your birthday so put your toys back in your pram, put your feet up, admire your red glittery nails and read Scratch :lol:

O mate you make me laugh! I'm just about to have my special birthday dessert! mmmm cheesecake... xxxxx

Hi Jo Jo

I can totaly agree with your views about that company. They are too busy sending out invites to the show in September. I have received over 10 to date. What a waste of paper and postage.

You want to be careful of what you say about Prof. Nails. I recently aired my opinion of what I thought about them and got a pm from one of their people which can only be refered to as a touch on the cocky side for such a un customer friendly bunch of "professionals".

Good Luck!

Best wishes

Hiya Gina!

Chick they can PM me all they like, in fact preferably with an apology! I gave them several chances to rectify the situation and they didn't so I thought I'd make it public knowledge of my experience with them, the 'lady' I spoke to at their offices was VERY rude and had a definite 'couldn't give a stuff if you subscribe or not' attitude and I was tempted to air my opinions about them then but thought I'd give them the chance... silly me!, if I walked into M&S and payed for something, I'd expect to take it with me, not be told I can't have it or it will be posted later on, in my opinion I should be sent a cheque for the missing copies of the mag but I was told 'they don't do that', needless to say I won't be attending the shows or renewing my insurance with them either, I believe the Guild of Beauty Therapists do an excellent insurance cover for nail techs so I'll be going with them. I guess we live and learn eh, interesting you also had bad experiences with them. J xxx

Sorry to hear of such a complete hash made of your subscription. I must admit it took them a while to rectify getting my copies to me, but just as i was giving up they sorted it, thankfully.

I think its worng when you end up dealing with a snotty nosed woman who obviously doenst know the meaning of customer service. Thing is they forget, you are more likely to remember a bad experience then a good one at times.

I've found when i worked in customer services for a company a few years back, i found that if orders went fine you wouldn't hear anything. If one went wrong obviously someone would rant and rave.But if i sorted it out and got what they wanted, then they would be so pleased and then recommend us in the future.

People value customer service, and we all understand that mistakes can be made, nut if rectified reasonably quickly then everyones happy.

Like you I have had really bad none delivery experience in the past with this mag, and like you I went onto scratch mag. I have to say that the Scratch mag if by far a superior mag anyway, full of really interesting stuff and also good turorials. I think that the other company deserve to loose good paying customers when they treat us like crap. I just got fed up of waiting for my mag to arrive, and moved on to another company who really cared about their customers.

Wow, seems they treat a few people that way then huh! interesting way to do business! However you are very right, they don't deserve our custom and to all you new nail techs out there wondering which mag to subscribe to, I'd definitely go with Scratch! J xx

Gina like you I have received SO MANY of the same exhibition leaflets it's ridiculous!! It's the same every year...like you say what a waste of paper and money!

Yeah, I've not been overly impressed with them either, and as my subscription is up for renewal around the time of the show in ExCel, I think I'll be taking the opportunity to check out their competition! The only way companies like this realise that they can't treat their customers this way, is if we vote with our feet & go with the competition! xxx

I got a very nice email today from Kathryn from Professional Nails with not only an apology but an offer of a feature in the mag, also the managing director no less is looking into the issues we have raised on this thread. Thanks for contacting me about this Kathryn and in such a gracious way. J xx

Your thread made me laugh, because at last year's Olympia I took away a subscription form which I completed at home, and sent off with a cheque. My subscription arrived straight away.... as did a second subs for the same month, a few days later! I've since been receiving 2copies of Pro Beauty & Nails every month!!!

Probably won't after posting this message though?? (shame... my big sis will miss her monthly freebie)!!!

laurawade said:
Your thread made me laugh, because at last year's Olympia I took away a subscription form which I completed at home, and sent off with a cheque. My subscription arrived straight away.... as did a second subs for the same month, a few days later! I've since been receiving 2copies of Pro Beauty & Nails every month!!!

Probably won't after posting this message though?? (shame... my big sis will miss her monthly freebie)!!!
Hey i reckon you've been getting JoJo's copy!! ;)

Lol you are so funny Carole!

I'm afraid I have to eat humble pie as Kathryn from Professional Nails has been very good since seeing this thread and has done alot to rectify the situation, I think it was the subscription office who were erm... cocking it all up, but I think they have been 'spoken to'! J xxx

Latest posts

Back