Profiles please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just been reading loads of post.............now the thing is, is order to make the best out of this site and the advice being offered and given................
It would be so cool, if all of you who haven't filled in a profile would do this.........please, please, please.............

As it really helps if you just put a little info into the profile......... like .????...
How long you been a Tech, or Tech in training,or strutting your stuff.....
location....this helps if we give advice on space renting, product location aso........... No good if we advising you for example, on Health and Safety UK regulations, and you are a Tech living and working outside the Uk..................
Then one of the non Uk Geeks can help.......................
And visa versa..................

Systems used or trained on would be cool, but I know I am pushing my luck now lol lol lol
So to make our little simple lifes even simpler, this would really be a bonus..............
To do this just click on the profile link and get typing...........
No personal information is used against anyone or used for personal profiting...........
So please fill in the profile, it will make it so much easier for all of us..........

Thanking you all
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Alrighty then Ruth,

I added to my profile!

luv Sarah x

Thanks Sarah,
That's brill Hun, TA VERY MUCH :D 8) :p ;)

love Ruth xxx

Done - sorry - was a bit cautious at first - been married to my cynical husband too long I think!

:D

I have updated mine. I have been looking in on this site for a few months now as I was gleaning as much info as poss about becoming a nail tech. I have also visited other sites, but without doubt this is the most invaluable site yet. After much hand wringing - wondering if I could "do nails" I have finally taken the plunge and booked on a Creative foundation course at Salisbury on 1st Dec. I must say I am very excited now having finally made my decision. It is always really scary making the decision to go into something completely different to what you're used to. I felt comforted to read what people were in "previous lives" and that there were so many who had changed over from a completely different professional background to nails.

I have read most of the tutorials and feel that I will be quite well prepared for the course (or I think I am!), and all the various postings of problems with technique that newbies face. I do wonder though, what are the challenges left to you peeps that have been "doing nails" for a few years, they must be quite different to what newbies face - or are they?

This is simply a fabulously helpful site and one that I shall certainly, no doubt, be coming to for help!
Wish me luck!!
Liz

Hi, I have just added more to my profile. Would write my life story but not enough time LOL
Lesley P

Just bumping this thread back up.

Might encourage others to fill in there profiles.

Yep me too.... come on fellow geeks don't be shy fill in those profiles even if its just who you have trained with and what area you are from and why you do nails......its good to see where we all come from especially if you are involved with a local geek branchette (okay bizarre made up word)...

dizzydupe said:
I do wonder though, what are the challenges left to you peeps that have been "doing nails" for a few years, they must be quite different to what newbies face - or are they?

Well good luck on your Foundation Course and try to remember that it is only that ... a Foundation. To be a fully equiped nail technician who is competant and confident and who knows how to solve all the 'real life' problems that we face every day in the salon, it is necessary to complete your education by going all the way to the end. You can do your NVQ through Salisbury, and your Creative Master classes will be incorporated in that training.

I like your question and think I will use it as another thread. X

i have also updated my profile......the wording i had before made it look like i was was just starting out training by doing a home learn course :sad: this post made me have a look at my profile and i put a few thing right on it :D

stanleyann

Hello,

Well I must be doing something wrong . Tried to post my profile and it said I did not have permission to do this . Help anyone?

Karen

perfect10kb said:
Hello,

Well I must be doing something wrong . Tried to post my profile and it said I did not have permission to do this . Help anyone?

Karen
karen just click on quick links and select edit profile...that's how I edit mine...atb Louise

Thank you Louise . Will try that
karen
Light Elegance UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back