Prom Divas!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
I have had a nightmare recently with young girls requiring prom hair and find its just more hassle than its worth as they keep changing their minds, want something for nothing and just never seem happy whatever you do! Am considering refusing to do hair for proms in the future as its not doing my confidence any good and have had far too many sleepless nights over it. Has anyone else had any problems in this area at all and does anyone refuse to do them?....

As a salon owner i welcome them.... but as a hd i loath them!

I find promzillas so disrespectful as though you're a slave!

One of the promzillas we had this year brought in a photograph of a known celebrity and did this girl look anything remotly like the pic.... no!!!! but we'd said we would recreate as close as possible....omg i really wanted to thump this promzilla! she kept looking at the photo and well she didnt have a fringe and wanted a fringe exactly like the pic. So difficult, she went pleased but its the hassle. These girls really needs some manners on how they conduct themselves and how many times they change their minds.

I know im semi moaning but the last month was just so stressful with them that they seem to think your free when your incredibly busy!! Grrrh!

As a general rule to myself, i will only do what makes me feel comfortable, if i offload onto staff, they take it on the chin, but if you dont wana do it, dont stress yourself out! not worth the hassle!!! xoxo

Thank you so much for your reply. This has made me feel a whole lot better to know I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Love the name Promzillas lol! Thanks for restoring my confidence and your right, it isn't worth the stress so will be turning some away next time.

I completely agree, I always get then booked in cause I do a lot of put ups, and they're the worst! A few years ago (luckily I wasn't busy that afternoon) but this one girl kept faffing about and brought her brother along with her to get his opinion as I was doing her hair. She was in there for over an hour I wanted to kick her out the door!!

I have an out right band on proms!

I have turned away lots of business as most promzillias what something for nothing and in my experience have be nothing but down right rude.

I had a girl once cry when I was doing her braid ! It really doesn't hurt that much and she wasn't happy when it sagged because she moved her head. So I had to do it again!!! I pulled a little tighter that time ;) mwhahahhaa !

After this year with my experiancr with proms - more hassle than they are worth! Had so many mess us around

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

*I'm not a hair person!*

I used to do makeup and nails on proms and brides and now I just won't, because frankly they're a pain in the ar$e.
When people ask me why is it so expensive to have bridal/prom makeup etc I tell them it's partly danger money, partly the time involved, and partly to fund therapy after the event.

I blame all these wretched bride programmes and mags. They espouse the theory that you can be an A Lister for the day, and Lordy, don't they behave like it!

Not worth the hassle, or the risk to one's mental health and liberty. I've come close to punching a few.

Aww, see I'm a hairdresser but don't do hair up (ugh) so I do makeup instead for proms and I love it! They were all so well behaved and nice this year...maybe they're less fussy about makeup or maybe just scared of me?! Hahaha

refuse to do them even as an apprentice! theyre obnoxious as hell never ever again!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

YES!! After this year....I don't think I'll be offering prom services again. I ran around like an idiot (mobile) and had to bite my tongue more than once.
One girl couldn't decide on her hair so much I had to spend hours looking for pictures for her to pick from (I wasn't even given a direction - up, down, curly, straight, give me a direction!!)
Fringe back, fringe down, fringe to the side. Even saying, yes I love it! Two minutes later, mum comes in and tells me she wants her fringe changed.
One girl after her tan trial contacted me and cancelled her prom tan because she wanted a darker one so would go elsewhere 'where they do darker tans'. (I offer a darker tan but she didn't ask and by this point I couldn't be bothered arguing with her. She's got very very pale natural skin so I wouldn't have recommended darker anyway).
My tongue hurts from biting it so much and I think next year I'll either put my prices up for 'danger money' as Lynne said, or just refuse to do them all together! :D
Since the prom I've seen no end of them slagging off salons and therapists for the nails, tans, hair they had done on Facebook... Quick way to get themselves blacklisted from everywhere in town.

Latest posts

Back