Promoting Facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
October is a bad time of year for me. Im wanting to push facial treatments this month and next. Was thinking of a special offer, for example a complimentry warm up back neck and shoulder massage with a facial treatment. What do other geeks do when it comes to promotions? Any ideas would be welcome xx

Great thread, I want to push Facials to.

Here is an offer not to do though ! I put add in paper offering £10 off first facial (including mini facial) and have not had one response !

Would love to hear what others do ! ? :green:

What I have done recently is just say to my non-facial clients, something along the lines of, 'I was wondering if you've ever had a facial? No? Oh you should try one, they're so relaxing! I'm currently offering clients the chance to try a facial for £20, what do you think?'

The majority have said yes :)

Just one thing though, I have tried to offer it to clients who I know can come during the day. I have done a few in the evenings but I'd rather they came during the day for a special offer :)

Great thread, I want to push Facials to.

Here is an offer not to do though ! I put add in paper offering £10 off first facial (including mini facial) and have not had one response !

Would love to hear what others do ! ? :green:

I did something similar and got nothing either. What is it with people, all they are interested in is cheap nasty face wipes from "bad skins r us".

I had one girl who used to come to me once a month and always but always complained about her skin but yet would never listen to my advice. I eventually got her to have a couple of facials and she bought a cleanser. She used the cleanser, her skin improved and what did she do when she had used it all - went back to the bloody face wipes again - arggggg couldn't you just kill em?

Oh this sounds so familiar joe :lol:

When I opened I did a 60 minute facial with a free manicure - people loved it because they were getting somthing for free. Also then helped people get into a routine of having a manicure with their facial. The manicure also made the client feel they were really pampered.

In August I did 1 30-30-30 promo, which involved a 30 min facial, 30 days of product (travel kit) for 30 pounds - although you dont make a lot of money it is a fab way of getting clients using your products - I now have 7 clients onto products from this offer which I dont think is bad going?!

But I like the idea of a back massage/shoulder massage - would be really relaxing.

Becki xxx

I like the idea of the 30-30-30 a little different! In regards to offering 'free or special offer' treatments i always word it as 'a complimentary treatment' it sounds a little more professional and gives the impression like they are being offered something rather than a quick old freebie.
Ive just designed some postcards on vistaprint stating the complimentary back massage, going to hand them out to existing clients and potential new ones. Ive decided to offer an Express facial with a back massage, so that way they can have a 'tester' of what a facial includes. Plus its not a bank breaker for them but i still make a profit and they receive their massage!

Hiya, how long will your "free" back massage last time wise. Would you do it for 15mins and then the facial.

Good idea

thanks

We've done an offer throughout September where they buy a facial and receive a free 30 minute back massage. The massage normally costs £20 on it's own so it's a massive perceived discount to the client, but cost our salon only 30mins wages wise for me, and a dribble of oil :) Have had many rebook for a facial, and even a few for a full price massage.

Love the 30-30-30 idea, don't think we'd be able to do it though :(

I think it is a great idea to offer an 'added value' service rather than something that cost you money, so what you are offering is great. Or you could offer a free upgrade to a luxury facial when a basic facial is booked...something like that. It costs you nothing except a bit of extra time, but the clients love it cos it makes them feel more special and as if they are getting a deal. Why not also try a discount off a facial when your client brings a friend with them...that way you get two customers together. Mums and daughters love this.

What about a facial day clinic? Target your non-facial clients.

You do a 15 min facial and 5 mins consultation (finding about there skin type and products to retail for their skin type). For a booking fee of £5 (or £10 its up to you) and if they decide to buy over £30 of retailable products they get the booking fee redeemed. They get a taster facial and money off products

We used to do that with our Gatineau facials and the make-up products we had in salon. It always worked quite well for us.

Ive decided this time round to offer the complimentary back neck and shoulder massage to help promote my new skincare range. So far response is good and have lots of clients interested. Thanks for all the offer ideas, will be referring back for future references. The facial day clinic im liking the sound of. :) xx

Hiya, how long will your "free" back massage last time wise. Would you do it for 15mins and then the facial.

Good idea

thanks

Im going to offer a full back massage for 30 mins. So my clients will feel they are actually receiving something. Ive done the 15 min massage before, but personally i feel its just not enough. x

Thankyou for the offer Jo (moor spa), we will all be calling you up now.

Whats in your travel packs?

thanks

Hi Beautyandme

In our travel packs there is a 50ml Cleanser, 50ml Toner, 15ml Moisturiser and 15ml Facial Mask. The products would last for 30 days with the exception of the mask (1-3 uses). We do 3 different packs with products suitable for different skin types (normal, oily and dry).

If any one would like to know any more drop me a pm.

Regards Jo

What do you all do while the mask is on?

If you would usually do nothing then incorporate some massage.

hands, arms, shoulder chest or hand and foot, whatever they want really.

if you do indian head you could give them a bit of that, they might book in for a full treatment that way.

or maybe an eye lash tint,

or a nail shape and polish.

its a way of introducing them to a new treatment without them having to fork out.

I often tidy up on hand when a client has an eye lash tint. then they can see the diff a quick shape, buff and cuticle tidy makes and usually book in for a manicure. Id have only been sitting twiddling my thumbs.

I think it is a great idea to offer an 'added value' service rather than something that cost you money, so what you are offering is great. Or you could offer a free upgrade to a luxury facial when a basic facial is booked...something like that. It costs you nothing except a bit of extra time, but the clients love it cos it makes them feel more special and as if they are getting a deal. Why not also try a discount off a facial when your client brings a friend with them...that way you get two customers together. Mums and daughters love this.

I actually do a promo called 'Two's-day', on a tuesday, 2 people together get certain treaments at a lower price. because it usually saves me time to do 2 people together, and im all for getting extra bods through the door because it means more word of mouth!! BUT not many people take me up on it, wethr its because im usually so rammed they cant actually get an app or what, i dont know. Bt ive had maybe 4 pairs in the last 6 or so months, so not really worth it, im gonna stop doing it now cuz its just not worth it for me.

fantastic idea, but just not proving worthwhile for me.

Latest posts

Back