Promoting my business - what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am looking to get more clients, I have advertised in the past and got no where from it. I trying to promote my business in a different way.

I work on Sunday at Tesco's. I though that if I get some of the staff to have there nails do for 1/2 price and if a customer ask's about the nail they tell them about me. I have got a letter to put in the staff room, I can only see what happen's. this is the letter.

Dear Staff.

I'm Nicky and I work on Sundays, and in the week I am a Nail Technician from home.

This is a great offer for all you lady's

Christmas is coming up and we all like to look our best, and that includes our nail looking GREAT!!!

book an appointment for nail enhancements and ypu get it half price, in return if customers ask about your nail, inform them about me and my business.

Well I have yo ask tesco's first as I am advertising my business, but doing it this was all I am doing is getting the girls to.

A) book an appointment and hopefully they will come back for infils, RE gaining clients that way. and
B) Hope fully gain clients through wold of mouth by the tesco's staff advertinging for me.

Well I will have to see if I can first.

What do you think

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes

Nothing ventured as they say.

What have you got to lose - apart from half your revenue LOL.

If you do sets for half price, then people might think, well if she can afford to give away have price nails then she is over charging. Try and encourage people to come to you for your quality of service, not just for your price.

Instead of giving away your service, you could offer them a retail product.

At the end of the day it is your business and you should run it the best way you can.

Nothing ventured as they say.

What have you got to lose - apart from half your revenue LOL.

If you do sets for half price, then people might think, well if she can afford to give away have price nails then she is over charging. Try and encourage people to come to you for your quality of service, not just for your price.

Instead of giving away your service, you could offer them a retail product.

At the end of the day it is your business and you should run it the best way you can.

Yes I have been thinking about that and I don't really want to give my services away, so i have changed £20.00 per set. for a F/S normally I only charge £29.00, and £30 for nail art nail, and I have only got about 3 clients at the mo so I really need to get my clients rolling in

Honestly Nicky.

I dont like it!

It looks rushed, long winded and not thought out.....and the spelling mistakes, will you make mistakes on your clients nails?

Start as you mean to go on......for example:
******Full set of Nails for Christmas****
Ladies
Christmas is coming how about a set of sensational Nails for YOU
I offer a full Nail Service in your own home at a time suitable for YOU

You could offer:-
A £.. Voucher to be redeemed on your next visit or a loyalty card stamp

Mention Gift Vouchers.....a man/woman might want to give a voucher for xmas .

Advertising is good but slow.....and dont forget to look after your own Nails. YOU will be your own advertisement
All the best

I assume that you're going to sort out all the spelling errors before you put the ad out there?
I've learnt a teeny bit about marketing recently and I would suggest the following:
It needs to have a headline that really grabs people
It needs to have a deadline e.g. Book for a treatment before xxx date and receive a free hand massage - that kind of thing
What's special about you? Why should people come to you over anyone else?
If you need help with the spelling I'm happy to help!

Good luck!
:)

Ar ladies lets not be mean here. I think Nicky has done a lovely job. I actually like the letter and think its bubbly and friendly. She realised she made some spelling mistakes and of course she will sort them out before putting the letter up.
I like the idea of the gift cards and hopefully people will buy some from you for their loved ones this xmas.
Loyalty stamp cards are a great idea too!
Go with what you think is best hun. It is your business after all and you will soon work out what works and what doesnt.
One thing i would say is make it clear that there is only one offer per client or what you could say is 'bring a friend and get your nails half price' This way you have a potential client and more money lol.
Good luck hun xxx

I think its a great idea! but I also agree that giving such deep discounts is usually a bad idea in the long run, I would start a referral program, I offer my clients a choice, if they refer a friend to me and the friend purchases a full price service, I offer the client who referred them either 20% off their next service or I offer them a referral punch card, they get a punch for every client they refer and after 5 punches they get a free service! this is better for you because you don't have to slash any prices until you already have a new paying customer, which means you don't lose any money at all!:) good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi hun I think its a great idea in principle, and I dont want to rain on your parade, but are you sure the staff are allowed to wear enhancements/polish whilst working.
I know when I was working in a supermarket it wasnt allowed, because of foodstuffs of an enhancement coming off.
Hope its changed now hun....:hug:

Latest posts

Back