Promotion advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaJ

Reaction score
I am about to start my own business working from home. Can any one give me advice on information to put on promotional leaflets, the most effective way to advertise or any general advice. Thanks.

Hi Paula, im too about to start working from home, ive just designed some simple flyers on my computer and to go with them ive done a promotional flyer offering half price discounts on certain treatments with an expiry date so hopefully that will bring in some clientele. I think i will post a few flyers locally and hand them to family to pass on etc i am finding it quite daunting trying to ring in business but i will keep going, and then hope for the best!!! :lol: hope this helps a bit, good luck x x

my advice would be to keep costs to a minimum for your literature. printing up your own on the computer is a great idea.i found that random leaflet drops bring very little response, try to target your audience to places where people are trying to improve themselves eg a gym or hairdressers, or places where a lot of ladies work, maybe a hospital or supermarket. yellow pages is the best way to advertise as it is something people keep all year, whereas local papers are chucked out quickly, sometimes unread.you can get a special offer for first time advertisers, it cost me about £140. i find most business comes by word of mouth, so it may be worth you doing a couple of free sets for people who work in a place like a hardressers or something so that word gets around. if you know a teenager you could do a freebie and in return she could leave a wad of leaflets in the ladies room when she goes to nightclubs. just a few ideas, i hope all goes well. :biggrin:

advertising in the local free paper is always good, giving flyers/posters to friends to put up on notice boards at work is another idea as well as offering first time discounts then word of mouth will spread and you'll be v busy in no time:)

Jess
;)

Thanks for everyone's advice. Will let you know how i go on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back