Promotion ideas for my salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenewgirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and I have some questions to ask.

So, I am new to this beauty industry, it was my dream to start a salon of my own. And finally my dream has come true. I inaugurated my unisex salon few months ago. But, it is off road, so not many people are noticing it, and so I feel this will affect my business. When I shared this concern with one of my friend, he told me to go for online promotions, and he even suggested that direct mailing will be a good idea and I have found this, http://www.troimail.com/ So, I have come up with the idea of direct mailing the customers, and informing them about the various rates, discounts and offers and the various services that we provide. By doing this, they will feel more personalized, and it will have a positive effect. But, before I head up with this, I thought of getting some advice from you all, if anyone has tried anything like this for their salon? How did it work ? Or any other promotional ideas that would be best for a salon. I am waiting for your replies.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and I have some questions to ask.

So, I am new to this beauty industry, it was my dream to start a salon of my own. And finally my dream has come true. I inaugurated my unisex salon few months ago. But, it is off road, so not many people are noticing it, and so I feel this will affect my business. When I shared this concern with one of my friend, he told me to go for online promotions, and he even suggested that direct mailing for beauty salon will be a good idea. So, I have come up with the idea of direct mailing the customers, and informing them about the various rates, discounts and offers and the various services that we provide. By doing this, they will feel more personalized, and it will have a positive effect. But, before I head up with this, I thought of getting some advise from you all, if anyone has tried anything like this for their salon? How did it work ? Or any other promotional ideas that would be best for a salon. I am waiting for your replies.
If you're off the beaten path a good website is a must.
Direct mailing is a waste, you're best doing some leaflet distribution yourself.

Don't just rely on one marketing activity to get results. Spread your budget across a mixture of activities and expect to do things such as leafleting more than once. There isn't a magic bullet that can generate substantial results in one hit, so bear that in mind, whatever approach you take.

There are some great sticky threads here with marketing ideas which are definitely worth reading.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back