Promotional ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownie

Reaction score
Hi geeks

As of the 1st July I will be the owner of a salon that I have worked as the junior for the past 2 years in. I am wanting to re launch the salon as I feel the last owner built the salon up from nothing 12 years ago and over the past year she has totally lost interest. I am hopping to relaunch on July 29th which is the villages carnival day so the streets should be busy :) does anyone have any ideas of promotions or discounts that I could offer to hopefully get a few new customers??? Thankyou x

Any ideas??? X

Hi, no specific promotion comes to mind but just wanted to wish you all the very best and congratulations. That's a big giant step. Good on you.....:D

why not hire a small band (or see if the village has their own) and get them to play outside the shop and get friends to dress up with signs on their back promoting your shop, new management etc and hand out leaflets and balloons.....especially ballloons as kids love 'em and will drag their parents over! plus the music will get everyone in the carnival spirit!! :D

Gosh there's millions and most you will already find on here :) just do a search
Definitely have some leaflets printed up, with change of ownership on them and a special offer/ discount,any new services ? Etc

You could have a street competition, your staff do models ( could be friends/ family ) hair and ask the public to vote on best. You could take their e mails/ phone no down and offer a chance of winning a free hair do or products ??? Great if staff have salon t shirts on.

Could you have a stall selling your retail, gift vouchers and giving out free consultations. Bring shade chart and do a nice display.sorry I don't know if you are hair, beauty or both ?

You could offer nail painting/art !anything that gets people's attention :) good luck !

id pick a theme and dress up, do your salon up to match, cupcakes and bubbly always go down well!! and do lots of opening offers, i have been doing alot of glitter tattoo events lately to help promote my business as wherever there are children there are mums!!! to be fair the mums wanted the tattoos too!!

Thankyou so much for all your ideas everyone :) I'm thinking of doing a flyer and putting a 20% discount do you think that's enough to entice customers In ?? X

To be honest, (I don't want to sound harsh or rude but) if I were walking past a salon and got a flyer with 20% off I'd chuck it in the nearest bin. It doesn't stand out from the crowd. I get handed flyers like that every day in the high street for all sorts of shops and businesses. You need to make the promotion more interesting. Read through some of the threads on here, there are some fabulous ideas.

Yes I totally understand what you mean. Does anybody have any other ideas?? X

Loads and loads and loads and....
Ok, branded trolley tokens
Free hair up demos and makeover type things, get a promo girl/member of staff (pretty, well turned out, great hair, confident, personable) to invite people to come and have a free 'do'
If you've got the right staff you could do a flash mob (!)
Goodie bags with mini giveaways
entry to a raffle in return for email addresses
However the main thing is to keep up the energy after the launch day. You almost have to have the same buzz every day, I think.

Good luck!

I think the raffle idea is brilliant! I always buy raffle tickets. What a great way to get people's contact details. Although I think you need to check with your local council for permission.

Latest posts

Back