Promotional/marketing ideas for small new beauty studio. Your advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KathyXIV

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I need your advice!
I have been working in the beauty industry for over 4 years now but on employment basis (have changed 2 different salons/spas)
I would like to go and start on my own at some point soon, but I wont have any clientele when i leave my job. I am thinking maybe to rent an office space (or any other ideas)
I need all different ideas how to bring people in and where from :))?
How to promote myself in more effective way? (from your experience)
how to make people come on my open day?
Please, any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, have a look at Stall finder and Eventbrite and find events that are near to you, ie ladies pamper evenings, book a table and offer mini treatments such as paraffin hand treatment or eyebrow wax or file and paint. Then give out vouchers for discount for their first treatment. I also offered recommend a friend cards to all clients to get more through the door. I found that adverts in the paper didn't work for me and leaflets, I would say for every 150 delivered I would get a client, but good to do on a quiet day. See if you can put a leaflet in the book bags at local schools. And stay positive, its not a quick thing, but well worth it :)

Hi, have a look at Stall finder and Eventbrite and find events that are near to you, ie ladies pamper evenings, book a table and offer mini treatments such as paraffin hand treatment or eyebrow wax or file and paint. Then give out vouchers for discount for their first treatment. I also offered recommend a friend cards to all clients to get more through the door. I found that adverts in the paper didn't work for me and leaflets, I would say for every 150 delivered I would get a client, but good to do on a quiet day. See if you can put a leaflet in the book bags at local schools. And stay positive, its not a quick thing, but well worth it :)

Thankyou Amanda for your advice, will be writing down all the ideas :)

Thankyou Amanda for your advice, will be writing down all the ideas :)
You're very welcome, also there is an amazing post under "Business" and its one of the main ones about promoting your business ... some fantastic advice on there :)

You're very welcome, also there is an amazing post under "Business" and its one of the main ones about promoting your business ... some fantastic advice on there :)
I am new to this website, yes i saw a lot of posts about this after i put mine :D

Latest posts

Back