property/business insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbn

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know where i can find the cheapest insurance company within United Kingdom. I'm renting a property in West Midlands and looking for an insurance company just for cover the building eg fire cause ect... Please direct me if you do know. Thanks lot

If you google it a lot of companies will have a online calculation system so you can see exactly what you`ll pay before you accept a quote!! Hth !

you will only be able to insure the contents and furniture, as you do not own
the building. your landlord will have insurance on the building.
if you have had graphics on windows etc you can insure these.
i have my insurance through babtac and they recommend a company for
contents insurance.hth

i got a ton of quotes recently and by far the cheapest was with salon saver (henry seymour and co. ) for my public liability, personal indemnity, business interuotion product liabilty and treatment risk, also assualt cover and of course stock and contents for £155 a year!! which was at least £250 cheaper than any of the other quotes i got Top Insurance Quotes for Hair and Beauty Salons i only rent two rooms but they will tailor your policy to suit your set up.
my policy also covers me to do mobile and events, hth xx

Hi all, does anyone know where i can find the cheapest insurance company within United Kingdom. I'm renting a property in West Midlands and looking for an insurance company just for cover the building eg fire cause ect... Please direct me if you do know. Thanks lot

Sorry i assumed you meant for a residential property not a salon??:)

my full story. The salon has been open for just over a year. This is my first time leasing on a small property, which base down stair on the main street next to town centre and someone else renting above upstair(residential) and the back(store room), but the landlord insist me to pay £83.00 monthly and this insurance only cover the period of 10 months, I did talk to him and said that's too much and now he cut it down to £66.00 monthly. But still too much

I never heard of insurance cover 10 months. I very worry that he's playing trick on me, because he new that I'm new to these thing. Also I believe the insurance I have paid are also covered the upstair and the back store, which not belong to me. when I ask, he kept on saying the upstair and the back are not insured at present. He didn't give me a copy of the insurance paper.

What do I need to do? help me pal

You need to get a copy of the insurance policy and if you don't understand it take it to the citizens advise bureau where they will explain to you what it all means and what is covered on the policy,
i myself would tell him to stick it and say that i wanted to arrange my own insurance so that it covered everything that i needed it to,
also i am guessing here but i thought for you to be insured the policy had to be in your name if you are doing the treatments but i could be wrong

Hi there,like you I am all new to this.I do know though that the landlord HAS to provide you with a copy of his insurance policy.
I have just signed a lease for a small shop but before I did,the solicitor provided a copy of the landlords insurance policy for me.It states the cost of the premium paid, renewal date etc.I know we live in different parts of the country and the cost of insurance will differ,but my landlords insurance policy is for around 200.00 for the year.
Has the lease been done through solicitors or not ?? I would say if it hasn't then basically the landlord is trying to pull a fast one and becase you don't have a legally binding contract/lease then there is probably not a lot you can do about it.
I really balked at the cost of getting solicitors involved but well worth it in the long run if things go wrong.
I think someone mentioned getting in touch with the citizens advice bureau,I think probably that would be the best thing as they are very,very helpful.
Hope that helps a bit.
Fliss

I spoke to the landlord again and eventually the truth is reveal, he has now cut down from £83 down to £63, and now even down to £41, which is £500 per year but still not able to provide a copy of the insurance vertificate. My guessing are I've been paid for the above stair and also the backyard, which not belong to me. I'm still not happy being treated. He did rob last year insure by charge £66 monthly, which work out £792 a year. I did say to him speak to my solicitor i guess for this I've scared him abit. he's still liar to me and say that insurance is cover for 12 months, infact he'd sent a letter to me the other days mention I've to renew my insurance every 10 months and that is my evidence to go against him.

I'm looking for a insure company for a quotes, because I still want to know the actual cost? Does anyone know where i can find a cheap insurance company, base in Midlands.

Hi there, have you got receipts ?
Im not sure of a cheap insurance company but im certain someone else will, but for now if you have to pay him anything pay it by a cheque as this will be like a receipt, if you pay cash you will need a receipt ,always ask for a receipt before you hand over the cash, this will be your proof,
I agree I think you should go to your nearest citizens advice , the numbers in the yellow pages phone book

they will help you a lot good luck:):hug:

I have my salon insured with barclays bank,
wouldnt call it cheap really but it is less than £300 for 12 months, it covers everything you would ever need except treatments,
i have seperate insurance for that hth

Latest posts

Back