Protecting nail art!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering why it is when i apply nail art to nail enhancements the nail art stays on for weeks but when i apply it to the natural nails it only lasts maybe a week?!
Anyone any tips!?!

Lou xxx :D

Hi Louise,

It comes down to some extent to the quality of the natural nails - if they are in poor condition then the nail art will not last any better than standard varnish.

I apply 2 coats of basecoat (I use Jessica) then airbrush the design then I apply a normal setting top coat then wait a minute and apply a quick dry topcoat. Ask the client to reapply topcoat every couple of days.

Most of the time with this regime I get people coming back after 2 weeks with their airbrushing still on - not all of them though - some have changed their varnish.

Hi Louise

I'm new to this, i've only been qualified a couple of months, but I am using the fact that nail varnish doesn't seem to last as long on natural nails, to offer clients overlays, it actually seems to be a good selling point if people are happy with the length of their nails! roll Not that I've actually got many clients yet! oops I live in hope! lol

best wishes
Suey

nail polish in general adheres to an enhancement better than a natural nail. offer a polish change as a service unto itself an you will be suprised how many take you up on it weekly.
smilieturtle.gif

The natural nail bends more than an extension causing the nail are to wear off quicker.

A good base coat helps, but if your nail art is staying on for one week I think you're already doing a good job!

Airbrushing will stay on longer too as the paint is much thinner than varnish.

Kx

louise said:
Hi All,

Just wondering why it is when i apply nail art to nail enhancements the nail art stays on for weeks but when i apply it to the natural nails it only lasts maybe a week?!
Anyone any tips!?!

Lou xxx :D
it is due to the natural oils present in the natural nails ...unless someone has wonderfull nails ...you may not want to put your work on there nails , it may make you look bad ....it is not possible on many people to keep airbrush designs on and looking as good as you could if you would put the airbrush on enhancements that you make yourself !! just my opinion..

having problems with nail art staying on as you'll see from my other thread :sad: but when I come to think of it before I used Bio Sculpture gel and was doing acrylic nails and Star Nails Gel I did actually find that the nail art seemed to stay on a lot better - has anyone else found this happen to them at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back