Protection for our nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feebeast

Reaction score
Hi Guy's & Gal's
Just a wee question for you all....

We, as profesional nail tech's, are really our own best advert - right?!?
Soooooooooooo, how do we keep our own nails looking tip-top.

I use faze2 to stop my polish being removed (which is OK - but doesn't seem to work on a french mani :( ).

My main problem is this...How do I stop filing my own nails into strange shapes?!?!? - I only get it on my right hand - the one in which I hold my file.

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheers ;)

I second that question. But I have another one. What is faze 2? Does it protect your nails from polish removers etc.

i do this to my right hand middle and index finger (one by my thunb)(is that index) :oops: :shock: :shock: :shocker: .i use some of that tape stuff :rolleyes: dont now what its called,when i remember to use it it helps a bit.just wrap it round them two nails and off i go :D

You can also get what I can only describe as finger hats :p . They are basically the same things as bank tellers use when counting money - a rubber knobbly hat :shock: (hee hee)

Funny but true!

Dellie

groovynails said:
i do this to my right hand middle and index finger (dont now what its called,when i remember to use it it helps a bit.just wrap it round them two nails and off i go :D

FLEXX WRAP???? maybe :shock:

thanks mrs geek u were right . i just looked it up in my catalogue and its called flexx- rap finger tape

Yep it's flexi wrap, and i got the little bobbly hat thingy too. but I prefer my latex gloves. The flexi wrap seems to have a life of it's own lol and so do the bobbly hat thingy's.
Love Ruth xx

This may sound WAY too simple but "keep your nails out of the way"!!!

If you hold the clients finger a little further back with your thumb near or on the second knuckle, and then tuck your index and middle finger underneath the finger for support ... making sure your hand is is at a right angle to the finger and not in line with the finger then you will see that you have opened up a huge window of space where you can work without getting in your own way, and your nails will stay perfect - better ergonomicaly too!

I must say that I don't ever really file my own nails away from working. Now this could be due to one of two reasons:

1) I don't have enough clients for me to file my nails!! or
2) I'm clever and do what Geeg said without thinking!!

Would like to think it is the 2nd reason but who knows? :rolleyes: As for removing my own polish when working this just gives me an excuse to do something different on my nails. Got them very plain at the mo - french tips (quite long) with Creative's Sheer Contentment (gorg polish) and a mother of pearl glitter over the top. Looks really nice.

hmmm, sounds easy, but ..................

I am fine with the left hand, behing a right handed person...............
but my right hand always wears down, but then I must admit, I do wear them very long.....................and its always the index and middle finger that end up being an odd shape.
Love Ruth xxx

First off, I have only worn Ac P/Ws for yrs. But, if I get a wild Hair, & have some funky air brush or nail art done, while on vacation, to keep it nice, I let my gals take off thier own polish for a week or so.LOL. I used to have that slant on my right hand pointer & Sign language Finger (LOL)
Till I took a TT class, You'll know she has those Long Hussy Nails! But, learned a trick, you put the end of your file in your palm, & put your pointer on top of the file. I liked to never,got it. But, I did, Works better with wide cushy files & buffers.also works good, to hold it like chop sticks,
or like holding a pencil, only with your nails or fingers on the edge of the file, not on the grit. That tape didn't work for me, it got all sticky & wet &
it cut off the blood flow,& my fingers got numb :rolleyes: If I ever got glue on it, i would get stuck to every thing ! If you can't find a way that works, the

n just tell your ladies it the newest thing in nail shapes LOL
Barb :D

If you hold the clients finger

I'm ok with my left hand (the one with which I hold my client's hand with) :D
It's my right (file-holding hand) that gives me greif :shock:

It's mostly when I'm in the salon, working super-duper fast :fire: . When I work from home, I take a most relaxed pace (normally coz I've been sitting in the office for 7 1/2 hours :frust: grrrrrrrrrr - and I'm getting tired).

I guess I just have to pay more attention as to how I hold my file!

I love my nails square. Really square... they gotta hurt when you scratch!

But it's hard keeping them like that. I hate the way my right index finger ends up being very rounded from the way I hold the file.

Will have to try the TT way of holding the file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back