Protein in hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1

Reaction score
Hi can someone tell me if too much protein is bad for your hair please, my clients fringe was damaged on one side from heat so she has been using oils and conditioning treatments and leaving conditioner on it over night but is now even worse, at first I thought it was the medication she is on but now it seems to me that it's the product, the healthiest part of her hair is the back and she says she doesn't use products in that.

Does this sound like she has overdone it on protein to you? If so how do I advise her on improving it from here?

I would be grateful for any advise please as I want my clients to be happy!!!

Are the products shes using protein based?
When you say shes leaving conditioner on overnight do you mean a reconstructing conditioning treatment or a normal surface conditioner as a surface conditioner wont do anything in regards to repairing the hair .
The protein level in hair is way way higher than the moisture level so maybe shes using a moisturising conditioner?Is she still straighteneing hair as this will just drag anything structure out of the already damaged hair?
Sorry might not be much help here.
Anymore info you can give?
x

Hi can someone tell me if too much protein is bad for your hair please, my clients fringe was damaged on one side from heat so she has been using oils and conditioning treatments and leaving conditioner on it over night but is now even worse, at first I thought it was the medication she is on but now it seems to me that it's the product, the healthiest part of her hair is the back and she says she doesn't use products in that.

Does this sound like she has overdone it on protein to you? If so how do I advise her on improving it from here?

I would be grateful for any advise please as I want my clients to be happy!!!

Yeah defo too much protein!

Maybe get her to change shampoos for a while, moisture based not a reconstructive shampoo.

X x x

Reconstructive shampoo's are 70% protein 30 moisture,

Moisture shampoos are 70% moisture 30 protein

Color care are equal parts both

Volume shampoo and protein and panthenol x

She has been using bedhead number 3 in the reconstructing products, not sure what the name actually is, it's the red one, she's using pure argon oil on her damaged ends, I know she was also using a frizease product for damage on her hair overnight which turned her fringe slightly yellow???

frizease is pure silicon. There's your culprit.

Thank you so much for all the replies, why would frizease damage the hair so much? Or do you mean frizease has made it yellow? Can someone reccomend some products for me to get my clients hair back to normal as its her daughters wedding in September and I want her hair to look good again

Bed Head Urban Anti-Dotes 3, it's for damaged hair, it's NOT actually repairing, it's just highly moisturizing, there's no protein in it, what it has is nano silicone or something like all that which coats the hair making it feel stronger, this is with all TIGI shampoos.& condotioner, so the shampoo and conditioner is making it too soft, tell her to try Loreal Force vector range, amazing, makes hair so strong and soft, most reconstructant I've used

Thanks for helping everyone, any other Moisturising product advice would be appreciated xx

Thanks for helping everyone, any other Moisturising product advice would be appreciated xx

Kitoko - nutri restore - protein
- hydro revive - moisture

Amazing products...sulfate, paraben, wax and mineral free.

Is macadamia oil deep repair masque a good moisture based product?

Latest posts

Back