Protein remover for lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaHR

Reaction score
the protein remover i bought is a liquid in a bottle with a brush ....like the sealant.
How am I supposed to use this? Paint it on and leave it? Paint it on and wipe it off? Wipe it off with what?
Or some other thing I've not thought of...lol
And do you use protein remover when doing infills and must it be kept off the remaining extensions?

Linda

I assume you need to put the solution on to micro brushes and use that way , not just paint on x

This is definitely something you would have been taught on your training,
who did you train with?

there was a lot I wasn't taught on my training. There was a lot I may have forgotten too...lol...but protein remover was never even mentioned. I'm certain of it.
But in any case my question is about the form it comes in...I see that most protein remover is sold in pads so use is obvious, wipe the lashes with the pads. :-D
I don't believe it is meant to be used with micro brushes as it has its own brush like in the sealant bottles.
Anyhow I used it today on a new set and a top up and both times i painted it on and left it. We'll see what happens?
Does anyone else use this liquid form? what do you use LoubyLou and what did your trainers say?

Linda

mines is in a liquid form also, no brush though, I just dip a micro brush in to the solution, flick off any exess, and wipe through the lashes with it, x

there was a lot I wasn't taught on my training. There was a lot I may have forgotten too...lol...but protein remover was never even mentioned. I'm certain of it.
But in any case my question is about the form it comes in...I see that most protein remover is sold in pads so use is obvious, wipe the lashes with the pads. :-D
I don't believe it is meant to be used with micro brushes as it has its own brush like in the sealant bottles.
Anyhow I used it today on a new set and a top up and both times i painted it on and left it. We'll see what happens?
Does anyone else use this liquid form? what do you use LoubyLou and what did your trainers say?

Linda

Hi Linda
I use a liquid form of the protein remover or lash primer as it is also known as,
i dispense a small amount into a clean hygiene pot and use micro brushes to work it through the lashes,
the way you have applied it by using the brush from the protein remover bottle means that you have now contaminated the the bottle of protein remover because you have touched the brush against a clients lashes and then put the brush back into the bottle, so you can not/should not be using this on any other clients eyes now,
i am a trainer for a lash company and write the courses for them also,
i hope this has helped :hug:

Ah! You are right Loubylou. So when I get another bottle any reason I can't apply using disposable mascara wands? I do that with my sealant.
And do we just leave it on then? Don't need to wipe it off? It's not removing protein in a physical sense but as you say acting as a primer.
And when doing infils is it a problem to get it on the remaining lashes?

thanks for your help. Wish you'd written my course. ha ha ha

Linda

Latest posts

Back