Protein shakes instead of eating meat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtomrow

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't eat meat at all . So I need another way of getting protein ! I eat bananas and bean would protein shakes benefit me? I work out and I'm not afraid of gaining muscle or weight. Are they healthy?

Hey guys I don't eat meat at all . So I need another way of getting protein ! I eat bananas and bean would protein shakes benefit me? I work out and I'm not afraid of gaining muscle or weight. Are they healthy?

Not sure about the protein shakes (I'm interested to know myself) but do you eat eggs? They are a great source of protein :)

Eggs, soy, grains, seeds and nuts are all decent ways to get protein if you do not eat meat! :) xxx

My boyfriend takes protein shakes and absolutely attests to them!

They contain a lot of other vitamins and minerals aswell, so they are basically a lot of nutrition packed into a small shake.

I used to have a soya protein milkshake once a day when I was losing weight, and I have never felt healthier.

It has a lot of extra health benefits. I would definitely recommend them.

You can get great value ones in Holland and Barrett, lots in the range to find which one suits you best. :)

Protein shakes can be a source of protein. Hence the name. But when choosing one, if you're a lactose-intolerant, vegetarian (depending on if you eat dairy or not), or vegan, you probably should stay away from whey proteins (it's a by-product of cheese). There are alternatives such as egg, hemp, soy, and plant protein-based mixes (which some contain less proteins per serving compared to whey), but I'd be weary of soy ones as they can increase your estrogen levels. The last thing you'd want is moobs.

Other sources of proteins you can try are tofu, soy milk, fish or any seafood really, nuts and seeds, and beans. I'm not sure if you eat eggs and dairy but they are good for protein as well.

Latest posts

Back