PSI for spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Coming off at a tangent from something Lily posted in another thread that max psi for spray tanning should be 7, what do others use?

I know Heavenly Bodies compressor is set at 25 and Bali Sun recommend 20.

What do other product suppliers train you to spray at?

i use 20 for spray tanning and 40 for nail art. i'm pretty sure this is correct but it certainly works for me!

Hi Guys
My recommendation for nails is 30-35 PSI. You don't want it too fierce as it 'spiders' when it hits a hard shiny surface. For spray tanning the lower the better.
Although unlikely, any liquid sprayed under force on the skin can, theoretically, go through the epidermis and into the blood stream. The force for this needs t be quite high but why risk it if you can get the same results with a gentle spray. Some skin is vert thin and areas on the body has thinner skin that others. For tanning, you just need to get it on the surface thinly and evenly.
A thin liquid should be able to be sprayed safely at around 10 or even less if your compressor is still efficient at this low PSI.

Marian

Thanks Marian! :)

It does depend on the size of your needle too!!

My regulator on my compressor is set at 7psi and i would never ever go higher than that.

When i did my training for this system it was my trainer that said that sometimes and extremley rare, that if the psi was too high it could cause embolisms!! I did also question this in my head as Marian said quite rightly that it cannot go through your epidermis, but we do have extremly thin skin! So if i my post regarding this is incorrect i appologise!!

Amanda

Hi Amanda
I said that, theoretically, it COULD go through the epidermis so not worth risking with a high PSI.

I've still got your pic from Kay! Will try to remember to bring it to Excell

xxxx

so what about hvlp sprayers? are these safe coz i am getting worried now :|

dee said:
so what about hvlp sprayers? are these safe coz i am getting worried now :|
Check to see what the regulator is set at!

Amanda

mum said:
Hi Amanda
I said that, theoretically, it COULD go through the epidermis so not worth risking with a high PSI.

I've still got your pic from Kay! Will try to remember to bring it to Excell

xxxx
Its a tough call! personally i wouldnt go higher than 7 psi.

I thought you had forgot about me Marian lol, Me and Herman will pop by and say hello!!

Amanda

Latest posts

Back