Psoriasis and salt scrub?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cytherea

Reaction score
i have my onw "bath and beautyproducts line" as a (to big) hobby

some of my costumers have psoriasis and they asked me if they can use a salt scrub ( it contains olive oil, casor oil and sea salt and epsom salt)

can some one help me with this because i dont want to do my costumers any harm or pain...??

I there is any open or sore skin then I would say no as it will sting like hell!aybe assess how bad the condition is before recommending. Perhaps recommend to avoid the area and use in other places.

It will irritate the psoriasis so you can do the scrub but avoid the whole area. If its all over the body I wouldn't do it. X

Personally I can't use any sort of scrub on my psoriasis as its sore pretty much all the time.(I have it on backs of knees, hips and back)
Other people might be different though. I'd say you will have to speak to them individually to be able to determine wether they could use it or not. x

Seasalt causes me a problem, even if my psoriasis isn't active anything with that in it makes it flare up. I'd probably advise to avoid.

thanks for the advices...maybe i could make it with sugar in it to instead of only salt.

Latest posts

Back