Psoriasis in nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nash

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I hope I have this in the right place.

I have a client with psoriasis in her nails on her hand. Is there any contraindications for this?

Thanks, Nash

From what i know its not really a good idea to put enhancements onto these nails,
although if its just for xmas and her condition is not too bad you could do but keep them short, the enhancements can cause lifting of the nail plate and derailment
type in psoriasis to the search box at the top of the page and you will get lots of info hth

i have a client with psorosis (not for enhancements though) and a good buff does her toes the world of good. Also having her cuticle care done regularly has definately improved the appearence of her nails.

hth

becki xx

Hi
I have psoriasis and my nails are terrible, pitted, flaky and weak, although I must confess I do my own enhancements. They stay on well, and I've not seen any damage that they have done to my nails or my health. Having said that, what I do to myself is my own doing really, if I had a client with the same condition, I would want written doctors consent to to enhancements just to cover myself :green:

From what i know its not really a good idea to put enhancements onto these nails,
although if its just for xmas and her condition is not too bad you could do but keep them short, the enhancements can cause lifting of the nail plate and derailment
type in psoriasis to the search box at the top of the page and you will get lots of info hth

OOPs, I should have said for a manicure with nail polish only. I will type in psoriasis when I get home and see if there is anything.

Thanks, Nash

Hi, I have psoriasis, I do wear enhancements because of the nature of my job - nail tech. If I dont have them on my clients get quite freaked by the condition on my nails ect. to be honest I have found that it is not a good idea beause of the lifting of the nail plate ect it is very easy to catch the nails on things and it hurts! I would rather not advise it. hth

i have a client with psorasis, and i used to use l and p on her, but she used to suffer with lifting slightly, i changed her over to an i. f. m in brisa, and she does absolutely fine with it now,
she has a long nno, and she is fine as long as i really scrub in well the scrubfresh in the pitting on her nails,
she does have a touch of onycholisis, but it recovers when we shorten them, though she does tend to try and go five weeks lol

Latest posts

Back