Psoriasis on scalp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a shampoo/ treatment for psoriasis.
Its for my self not a client.
I've seen my GP and tried it all.
Just wondering if there is something at the wholesalers maybe i could try

Many thanks

i have it too and have tried most of the available things.
honestly mine flares up when i'm stressed.
i go for a sunbed, clears it up as much as possible. it's always going to be there though, will never go away.

the only treatment to shrink it from the drs is light therapy, which is just a sunbed.

I've had this for about 20 years to varying degrees, best results have been from a Vitamin D supplement and Bumble & Bumble's Sea Kelp Shampoo (not the conditioner, it makes my hair super static). The shampoo is stupidly expensive but worth it. I have also tried the Jason Sea Kelp shampoo, much cheaper, was OK for a few days but spending the money on the B&B was worth it. That said, after about 3 years it stopped working and I'm back on the Head & Shoulders, I know most hairdressers cringe at the stuff but it's the only thing that works at the moment. I'm expecting it to stop working so I'll switch back to the B&B when it does.

Thank you ladys, ive had this issue from being 15 im now 27, i no longer have flare ups on my body but its never calmed down on my scalp.
Sunbeds never helped my scalp unfortunately,im an i do tend to use them. I've learnt to deal with it, but Ive been having a bad flare up the past 2 month.
I will look into the shampoos trinity thank you

Many thanks
If you are registered with Aston and fincher, grab a bottle of the Framesi morphosis destress shampoo. It's amazing on psoriasis and has a calming effect on other skin conditions too.

I've had this for about 20 years to varying degrees, best results have been from a Vitamin D supplement and Bumble & Bumble's Sea Kelp Shampoo (not the conditioner, it makes my hair super static). The shampoo is stupidly expensive but worth it. I have also tried the Jason Sea Kelp shampoo, much cheaper, was OK for a few days but spending the money on the B&B was worth it. That said, after about 3 years it stopped working and I'm back on the Head & Shoulders, I know most hairdressers cringe at the stuff but it's the only thing that works at the moment. I'm expecting it to stop working so I'll switch back to the B&B when it does.

I’ve tried everything for mine round my hairline and nothing keeps it at bay like head and shoulders

Many thanks
Renew therapy from Botea Elements is fantastic. I have a client with v bad psoriasis and I used it on her and now she uses it herself at home. It's a pre shampoo treatment you apply to scalp before you shampoo your hair. All natural active ingredients and gentle exfoliation. This client has tried everything and she swears by it.

Many thanks

I also get it on scalp .. and nizorel shampoo along with betnovate scalp application seems to keep mine at bay , betnovate is needed on prescription

I also get it on scalp .. and nizorel shampoo along with betnovate scalp application seems to keep mine at bay , betnovate is needed on prescription
2 of many things I've had from GP unfortunately

Betacap scalp application? This is prescription only from the doctors - but may be worth a shot if you have not already tried it? And as @Trinity mentioned, vitamin D supplements have also proved helpful for psoriasis.

Great post my partner has it on the scalp and is so hard to get rid of x

Latest posts

Back